SITE REVIEW: http://www.lebohemian.com

• mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just finished this site for my wife who is an artist...would appreciate your thoughts on the design and layout

http://www.lebohemian.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• designbuild
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • designbuild
  • Loc: River Falls, Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also do a lot of sites like this, I would lose the blue bar for nave at the top or spend a little more time on graphical buttons, without the underline, I like the width and the first images are tight, also I would lose the entrance page, the first image on the main site is attractive enough to make me look around without needing that sweet smoke photo on the front...
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with designbuild - lose the opening smoke image; the main 'light' image is cool enough.

The blue nav bar is really the only thing other than the image on the main page, and it needs some work. It's too plain right now...

Also, on the sub-pages (like 'portfolio'), I think the big yellow text isn't fancy enough... the main page is very attractive with that cool looking image, but I Don't feel that the sub-pages match the style of the first page. They're a lot plainer.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Nice site if not a bit dark for my personal liking but I agree about the blue top bar although i wouldn't replace them with graphical buttons, if you want to move your web design forward I suggest you start to take a look at CSS. Amazing what you can achieve.

Cheers, Prime
  • nickelmedia
  • nickelmedia
  • Loc: Orlando, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree with the other comments about the splash page. While I'm not the biggest fan of them, this one I like. I think it's the organic feel of the smoke. I would however fix the shape at the bottom of the image. You can see where the image was cropped which kind of negates the organic feel of the smoke.

I do however agree on fixing the blue nav bar. CSS is definitely your friend.
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys - i really suck at designing
it's my first website that I've ever built...used dreamweaver for the first time too

i'm not sure how to use css

any places that are easy enough to start for good resources?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest I always find it better just to Google the subject and find a tutorial thats suits your learning curve. There are literally thousands of websites out there but it will be worth it.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

mabdr2, http://www.w3schools.com is one of the simplest, most straightforward, and best resources I can recommend.

- Gita
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the attractive mainpage but i don't see any relation coffee with the artwork. Hmmmm.... maybe it's just art or pretty image.

Anyway, the thumb nail image for the portfolio is kind of huge in size. It consume plenty of my bandwidth and loading time. It should be better resize the image quality.

I also agreed with the blue bar.

The font type are not matching your website too.
  • kende.com
  • kende.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smoke intro picture is genius...

Site layout is good..

blue navbar needs some touch

Add more text...

Andras
http://www.kende.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers