SITE REVIEW: http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/dqualter/

• dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi ever one . just like a review on my site . new webhost is coming soon.

http://www.mynad.tk (if dont work because newly registered)
http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/dqualter/

[fade][blur]D@N[/blur][/fade]
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to figure out what you are trying to convey by this site?
what is it that you want people to know? What links are you trying to show? I know i am not even close to becoming a web designer myself but, it helps to know what your site is about. Put some more thought into the site to inform the people about your site on the home page. Incorporate some links to different pages and show the information that you are trying to represent. Hopefully, this advice will help.

Good luck and keep trying!

Just remember:

All advice is good advice! :D
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ermmmmm . did you see the menu top left . its a site where i can put stuff i need .like links for when im not at my computer . stuff like that
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, thanks for listing OZZU in your links. I'm guessing this is your first effort? If so, it's not a bad start, but it is rather obvious it's a start. I'm guessing probably your very first one?

I would recommend doing some serious studying http://www.w3schools.com

In spite of the fact that you want to have a website, you still have a ways to go. Keep studying -- it gets much easier over time.

BTW -- at the moment don't spend too much money on hosting. Take some time and learn more of what makes a website click before you invest too much money in it.

I hope that doesn't sound too critical. My first website was "Hello World" and I still remember that wonderful feeling of seeing those two simple words on the internet, because I did it!

Congrats and keep growing!
  • miservices
  • miservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would recomend not using that background image. its pretty glitchy. i would also try making the menu in the top left corner a little easier to get too. i found it on accident :lol: nice start tho
  • samson
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

:?:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/d/q/u/dqualter/htdocs/index.php on line 31

This is what i see when opening your site.
It seems to be some php error.
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry. i was trying some thing out.
  • samson
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) Okay, no problem for that.
I am able to load your homepage now...

The colour of your homepage's layout is nice.
But no information in it yet... such as working links and try to put more related informations in it.

One more thing. the voting rectangular is too small, it have a scrolling bar at the right corner of it. 8)
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Its a starting site...You've done well fitting the content in with the images, the Flash logo strip along the top looks good (Swish is a great program for doing simple things like that, its a great way to begin flash) and it looks like you've got plenty more plans on how you want it to look when its done (Login, number of users online etc)

Suggestions:

- A different font for the Nav bar, i don't think it looks that good with that font.

- Some more images, its needs brightrning up a bit, maybe you could have little icons next to each menu item on the nav bar? That would take the focus off the gray. (which is everywhere)

- Fix the Poll so that their are no scroll bars around it (i've got them and i'm running 1280x1024, imagine how people on 800x600 must feel)

- Consistent font throughtout, the 'User's Online' is different from the rest.

I hope i don't sound to critical, keep working on it and you'll reap the rewards for it in years to come.

whos_wee_dug?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh. The top bar with the flash is cute. Very basic, but I suck at flash myself so I won't criticize too much on that. I used to be obsessed with the whole ...:::word:::... thing but I grew out of it... you probably will, eventually, too. Colors, I like. I very much like shades of gray :). I dont understand why you have a cpanel login from your main page, though. One suggestion is making that top table (the one w/ the flash) the same width as the bottom one. I think it'd look better aligned. I'm sure the site'll turn out great; keep working on it. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers