SITE REVIEW: http://www.plopitonme.com

• rmauldin0106
  • Born
  • Born
  • rmauldin0106

Post 3+ Months Ago

We need reviews of our site http://www.plopitonme.com for design, content, and features. We would appreciate any critiques we can get. Thanks.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that little pop-up at the beginning looks like it could be spam ... some users might close it straight away without reading, and thus wouldn't have the slightest clue what you're website is about. One think I like about it, however, is the fact that it frees up space on your page to use for the main function of your website.

The first time I looked at your website your site logo was about ten pixels wide and five down ... I refreshed and now it's 432 x 135 ... not sure what's going on with that, or IE6, which is the only browser they have at school ... I'll have another look in Firefox when I get home.

Now that I can actually see the logo the text is fuzzy ... might want to clean that up a bit. The three text links on the top right ... the default blue? Kill it. And perhaps the text in the search field is too grey ... I'd suggest changing it to a really light grey or white.

I'm not a big fan of the colour scheme you've got going, I have to say. Apart from the orange glossy buttons there's no 'oompf' to it, do you see what I'm saying? Back to those buttons, and I think you should get rid of that cheesy reflection-type orange underneath ... and the text inside them all isn't aligned to the center ... they're all either a bit to the right or a bit to the left ... and I'd suggest making the buttons a bit smaller ... on this 1024 x 768 resolution one of the buttons goes down onto the next line.

I'd suggest culling three images from the flickr thing too, as three of them go down onto the next row. Same with the youtube thumbs, but it's only one that gets shifted.

Again, there is no exciting or attractive colouring or images ... makes for a rather bland page.

There are quite a few errors in the HTML (194, to be exact), click here to see them.

That's about all for now ... I may have to add something when I get home and see it in Firefox.

Edit: home now, and it looks the same in Firefox :) The images fit now due to my 1280 x 800 resolution, but still, most people are using 1024 x 768 ... another thing is that when I open the page now I get this message:

• gsexdotus
  • gsexdotus

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks !it's useful
  • active44
  • active44

Post 3+ Months Ago

the flickr and youtube tool bars are attractive, you could put more such interactive content. at least it would attract me :)
  • danielcoleman
  • danielcoleman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple presentation is attractive. Great sources with varied topics and interests. The only feedback I have is that I would like to see more sources for Sports feeds.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers