Voting Chart

Total votes : 6

RealAdventures is visually appealing & intuitive.

•  
    Strongly Agree
  •  
    Agree
  •  
    Neutral
  •  
    Disagree
  •  
    Strongly Disagree

SITE REVIEW: http://www.RealAdventures.com (travel website)

• tsnyderawt
  • tsnyderawt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Webmasters:

I've been managing and building what I think is a really cool travel website for the last few years. It has grown very nicely, but I'm finding way too many visitors clicking away before browsing the site. Our bounce rate is high and I'm really puzzled as to why. Since we don't sell travel packages, conversion for us is measured a bit differently than other sites. My key metric is # of listings viewed per visitor.

Perhaps you can lend some thoughts into what you think might be happening. Heaven knows I've tweaked this and that a zillion times only to watch metrics drop instead of improving.

I'm looking for advice to improve usability and intuitivness.

Main Site:
http://www.RealAdventures.com

Key SubPage:
http://www.RealAdventures.com/pages/australia.htm

Looking forward to your thoughts. Don't be shy.
I'm happy to review your site if you wish.

Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, 1st off, im hit with soo much cluttered text, I dont know where to start reading, what to look at first. I am completely lost. Perhaps a intro page where it tells what your site is. Then let them choose what they want to do, where they want to go or whatever (im not sure if this applys really) but say

"View National Parks in ____________"

I didnt look at the website long enough to know if that applies much. All I know is that it wasnt very inviting.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Site , but the hover "red" should go . You better change it to orange or some other color. On first look , the site looks crowded. Adding an attractive banner might help you. The bottom navigation should be scaled down to the size of the page. Otherwise the site serves its purpose very well.
  • RainMayYetCome
  • RainMayYetCome
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree..the hover red is very out of place to my eyes. The banner is sort of ugly too..not ugly, boring I suppose.

Although I'll be sure to go when I vacation, haha. Not that I shall be anytime soon.
  • fire_lady
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fire_lady

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a nice site but the text seem to be mess up I don't know where to start reading.The banners is too simple for your site. And you might also want to have a smaller thumb nails.
  • hankhill
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: On the hill!!! Where else?

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, here's my take:

Right off, the color scheme makes me want to leave the site after seeing the homepage. It's not very vacationy (if that's a word)....I would suggest playing around with different color schemes. And as others have suggested, get rid of the red hover on the top menu links, actually get rid of that concept altogether. Your other links have a more subtle approach.

Condense your home page into more finite sections that lead to other pages. There is just too much on the front page to grasp....Too overwhelming...

I like your logo, maybe size it up a bit, and change it's colors as well, again the color scheme detracts instead of attracts.

The header needs work, those 4 thumbnails just don't work as an eye catcher.

The footer, I'm not even sure what that is all about, the links do not match your header links very well, and seems haphazard. The disclaimer at the bottom seems tacky, I'd remove it, and put it somewhere else, on its own separate page.

Your ads, whomever sent you a 120x600 ad to display should be shot, flogged, tarred and feathered. It tends to screw most of your pages up, and it's quite obnoxious...I'd seriously request a smaller ad from them..

The "Send an inquiry for reservations....." towards the bottom of most pages seems out of place as well as the "See similar listings" below it....Maybe play around with putting those side-by-side or just have links to a page that has those. They look like ads more or less, so I imagine you have to have them there....

Many of your pictures have very poor quality which detracts.....

Your site should be mainly focused on visuals and I just don't see an attractive color scheme, awesome pictures, a nice page layout, and discreetly placed ads.
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing i notice is the map on the home page, it looks like something from first grade, its too simple, i would get a more relistic map that would make some one want to travel.

Second their are way to many links at the top, you should cut back on them and like others have said get rid of the red hover.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The list headings on the list bar are almost invisible on my system, and the text is totally illegible. You need either a darker background colour or darker text, at the moment would be quite possible to miss them completely.

Don't be too disheartened by peoples critisms, it's not a bad layout, its just there are little things that can be done to improve the overall look.
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

To layed back looking? Maybe a different font will do for a more bold attempt.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers