SITE REVIEW: http://www.stolenkingdoms.net/~ratz/Jay/

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a very simple site it was done for my brother just to feature some of his photography. My question is do you think I should have the pics open in a popup window or keep them in the flash movie? I cant quite decide....help me out here!

http://www.stolenkingdoms.net/~ratz/Jay/

PS: what do you think of the background music?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice clean site. The photography is quite interesting. personaly i think the pics are fine how they are (being opened in a new window). The only problems i can find are for a not very complex flash site it took a very long time to load. Also when viewing the site in mozzila firefox when you zoom in on a pic for a closer look somtimes the edge of the picture is cut off slightly and you cant make the pop up box any bigger to get round this problem. These are only very minor problems though. Its still a good site over all
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that input. Not sure y it takes so long to load, I'll make it so you can expand the popup window though so you can zoom in and all that good stuff :lol:, as I said it is a simple site and I appreciate your input watch for me to request a review on my new site!
Thanks

Shark
  • paul72388
  • paul72388
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you should put it in a pop up window. Only because it takes a long time to load. And i even have roadrunner.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site and think that you have done a great job. The intro page took a while to load, and does it really need to be there? All its doing is making people on dialup wait that lil bit longer.

The text can be hard to see sometimes, maybe you can make the box it is in a bit more solid, so that it shows less of whats underneath it?

You got some cool pics and hope to see more :D
  • maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks really nice. I especially like how clean everything is. I only have two suggestions for you:

1) Find a way to cut down loading time. For whatever reason, it takes a while to load. I understand that the pictures are big, but still...
2) Lighten the background for the introduction page. It seems to blend too much with the picture you know? The only problem is that the background on the entrance page may not match the background on the main page.

Otherwise, it looks very nice. I like the background music too.
  • Necrite
  • Necrite
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

very nice site! I like it. :D

I like the option for the music (play / quiet). Why don't add an option
for the pics (inside flash/pop-up window) ?

Maybe it's off-topic, but If you want to find inspiration here's a good link. The design is similar to yours, the purpose also. It's the site of a well-know french photographer that take all the world in pictures and the website is also in Flash.

http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/v2/yab_us.htm

Choose "The earth above the sky" then choose a continent and enjoy...

Necrite :twisted:
  • Necrite
  • Necrite
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

very nice site! I like it.

I like the option for the music (play / quiet). Why don't add an option
for the pics (inside flash/pop-up window) ?

Maybe it's off-topic, but If you want to find inspiration here's a good link. The design is similar to yours, the purpose also. It's the site of a well-know french photographer that take all the world in pictures and the website is also in Flash.

http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/v2/yab_us.htm

Choose "The earth above the sky" then choose a continent and enjoy...

Necrite :twisted:
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats nota bad site :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers