SITE REVIEW: http://www.TemplateBase.net

• tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

mkay...thanks for the info...getting those browsers now...That way I can check in the future... Thanks a ton .. Foxy :) :) :) :)
  • Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, the top header has a lot of potential but im sad that you cut it off on the sides and everything. Not too sure what those three little logos are doing in the middle of the header- the site itself isnt bad but imo there are just a few things wrong with it. The continuity for one this is the main problem and personally I don't see how the bottom strip fits in with the site at all.

Sorry for bein so hard on ya but it's actually one of the better sites that are out there so you are doing a good job.
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Sorry for bein so hard on ya but it's actually one of the better sites that are out there so you are doing a good job.

thanks for that

I am making a flash header for the top with that banner,,,That is why those little buttons up there dont work..It is going to look some muck better when Im finished with the header.. IM FEELING REAL GOOD ABOUT IT ...I put up the current banner just to get a feel with the site.. 8)

I have been workin very hard on it... :shock:

I really appreciate the info :D

thanks
tbase
  • Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool. Let me know when its up. You obviously know how to make great designs but i think in this case its a matter of putting everything in the right spot and maybe even that you constricted by time.
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

time...omg...

work...kids..work..eat..code.. :shock:

I think sleep goes there too...But I forgot what that is :roll:
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have now replaced the banner at the top with a flash banner...Check it out and tell me what you think...I am really feeling it ...

I think its cool...And if you want to compare it to the old one look at any other page in my site..I have put up the new one on the homepage only :)

Thanks
Tbase
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

please :)
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok lets start off with the problems.
Your source is way to long with way 2 much crap in it. you need to optimise the keywords in your meta tags way better. improve on the baclinks to your site. perhaps put an alpha filter on the menu.
Also it takes way to long to load.
40K source code is normally more than the load time I like for an entire webpage.
But I have seen a lot worse.
It looks fairly professional.
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the code..It does have too much juck code it,but that is what you get when you mock up a page with adobe golive...I will clean it up .I was waiting till I was happy about the visual aspects of the site to clean it up though..

As far as the loading times,Darksat you are the first to say it is slow...The page slams right open for me,and my friends who check it for me.

Also I have been in the backlink building process rather heavy for the past 2 weeks..I have links on several high pr sites right now...I like others am waiting on the long overdue GOOGLE crawl.I should get a decent boost when it does though.

I am not sure what you mean by putting an alpha filter on the menu though..

Would you please elaborate on the flash banner..I spent alot of time putting it together

Thanks
Tbase :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 39 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers