SITE REVIEW: http://www.theteajunction.co.in

• montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

please review this site
http://www.theteajunction.co.in

all type of comments are welcome.. good or bad..
  • DannyBly
  • DannyBly

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the design - the steam coming off the tea is great!

Left a comment on the pad : )
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very interesting a nice mix of Flash and HTML. I like the design layout, the colors, the rollover effect, the organization, the steam. Only a few issues:
1. The scroll bar in those content areas, takes away from the site if you ask me. Maybe you should have kept them flash or used a javascript scroll. Anything else besides those.
2. The background. It's not wide enough. I'm at 1440x900 and there is a huge white space on the right.

But great job. Wish you much success!
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your input..

i'll work on those issues

@DannyBly: thanks for your comment.. I've seen that ;)

more comments are welcome as well as bugs.

thanks for your input
  • chosta
  • Born
  • Born
  • chosta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Design! Colors, setting, background , logos, fonts everything looks in place. The map is also done in a professional manner. Only one thing bothers me, the pictures in the gallery (next/prev) are changing too slow for me. But that's just me :) . I don't expect to change it since it seems you've put effort in the effect, maybe to cover the loading time... Good Job anyway , I might try some Masala Tea when I come to India some day...
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@chosta: most welcome to india.. to have tea of tea junction u need to come to kolkata.. In coming days teajunction will launch their branches to other cities of india also.
thanks for your input.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awsome work. Definately pro. The design is brilliant, compact and detailed. At first I thought it was just another site created all in Flash, and then realized that you integrated the Flash components seamlessly with the html.

I have to disagree with the above comment about the scroll bars, they were styled nicely to fit the page and the content. I would leave them.

I have to say I have seen pretty much every type of Flash navigation imaginable, but the circling of the buttons, well very well thought out.

The steam on the tea cup is a nice touch, but I like the detail of the ring on the table in the upper right corner. Gives the background a used outside table look.

Nice job monty, you made a winner here. The one thing that really annoys me though is your footer links. The overlap the wood crack a couple pixels. At about 8px top margin to the footer area so it fits in nice. Just my 2 cents.
  • f18nfz
  • f18nfz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the name first of all, like the idea of an entrance page, you should make the image a link to enter the site because the text to actually enter the site is quite small and not so noticable.

Inside the actual site I love the template / design layout youve used and the animations are really good the little message centre thing is really cool as well. this is a very unique site.

The navigation bar is great as well never seen anything like that
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@f18nfz: thanks for your input.
@jfrasier: thanks for your input.
  • eternal1
  • Born
  • Born
  • eternal1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website have good design but you website dont have good SEO because your website not have keywords, description, title not have target keyword. Your website have Google index 24, Yahoo links 0, Yahoo domains 2 and MSN 0, PR 0
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is absolutely great. It's almost as if I could smell the tea. (if only that were possible :))

A few suggestions however:

1. The "LAUNCH SITE" link on the entry page is broken. You should remove it since there are anyway two other links for Flash and non-Flash. Also, I suggest increasing the font size of the links - it's a bit too small.

2. The navigation is still Flash even on the non-Flash page. Of course, there are text navigation links at the bottom, but you should make them more prominent.

That said, hats off to you again! Apart from the minor issues stated above, there's nothing at all to complain about - everything just fits in so well.

PS: I suppose your client is still not convinced? :D
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@eternal1: i won't do that..as we all know client is paranoid.. he maid me work twice.. just because of that flash player problem..
thanks for your comments
see here discussion about the flash player problem
flash-forum/flash-player-problem-t89033.html

@casablanca:- thanks for your comment and hats off. About the navigation.. i am not planing to change that.. I just converted that navigation flash to FP 6.
Lunch site i'll do that..

"I suppose your client is still not convinced? "
i hope he should convinced.. i haven't got reply..
thanks for your comments
thank you all
  • bsmall
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bsmall

Post 3+ Months Ago

for the store locator it would be great to have hours of operation for each store. Just a little more information for the user that they don't have to call the place for.

other than that it's a great site! awesome flash work!
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@bsmall: yet to do that.
  • eddygman
  • Born
  • Born
  • eddygman

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few suggestions however:

1. The "LAUNCH SITE" link on the entry page is broken. You should remove it since there are anyway two other links for Flash and non-Flash. Also, I suggest increasing the font size of the links - it's a bit too small.

2. The navigation is still Flash even on the non-Flash page. Of course, there are text navigation links at the bottom, but you should make them more prominent.

That said, hats off to you again! Apart from the minor issues stated above, there's nothing at all to complain about - everything just fits in so well.

PS: I suppose your client is still not convinced
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@eddygman: thanks
  • web01
  • web01

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just loved the site. It is awesome. Vaise, i am in love with the flash-based sites. i loved the photo gallery . The loading of the tea mug, was also one of the things that i liked. Overall, i would give a 5/5 rating.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@web01: thanks a lot u said "Vaise" must be indian.. from where?
  • web01
  • web01

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, i am from chandigarh..! u..?
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

kolkata
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site seems well-commented on already, and I agree with most of it - it looks great! just two things...

1. how do you turn off the sound? the sound effect of the photo gallery images loading was way too intrusive for me, and I couldn't find a way to turn it off... not saying that there isn't one, but if there is just maybe make it more prominent?

2. the background image is still not wide enough, but I'm guessing you're working on that as it has been pointed out previously... heh heh serves me right for having a 20" screen i guess :D
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@celandine: if u r taking about above 2 points. I won't do that coz, reason u can see here
let his site suffer for those small bugs
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ha ha ha I see your point monty.... yeah, let him suffer :D
  • icore
  • icore

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool!

simple and nice.
The design is great. But i dislike your SEO work. Improve it! it's very important.

good luck.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i know SEO is important.. but please read my complete threads related to this site.. including this one..

thanks for your comments
:)
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great design but one thing I don't understand:

When I choose non flash content, half of it it's still flash?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers