SITE REVIEW: http://www.wedevoy.com/

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright :!: About time for a review on wedevoy. I implemented the new design, finished the whole site (As you can see, all of the links work and every function functions :) )

I will add pages and functions as time goes on, but right now, I got that :)

I need a review on the design, content, spelling, grammar and coding. Sorry if I seem to be demanding, but this is the first time I felt this motivated to get it done right and to the end that I think I'm actually going to have a good time with this...

Quite possibly, a new logo would take place in place of the one I got there... I'm feeling really happy right now :handsup:

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's getting there, Bogey :)

I would re-design the logo though, it does look a bit tacky. Perhaps you ought to get up to speed on photoshop, it's a big part of web designing now. The header looks a bit generic at the moment, but I think once you get a nice logo happening it will look a lot better (and I don't want your logo to be just green either :P).

"costum PHP programming" should be "custom PHP programming".

Where you mention "other services" (twice in your first two paragraphs), you should point them in a link to a page where they can read more about these mysterious "other services".

"keeping our costumers/users" should be "keeping our customers/users"

"unless you ask us to do something more busy and hard-core" consider rephrasing that to "however we're very flexible and we'd be happy to handle your complex problems, too" or similar.

"we should get done with your project in a decent amount of time" ... people like myself (or maybe it's just Aussies) tend to interpret a 'decent amount' of anything a large portion, so maybe rephrase it?

I'm still not a fan of the default-blue links ... and is the white background on some of them intentional ... it looks like an error ... itjust doesn't sit right with me.

"Web design is the staple in building the successful site on the competent world wide web." -- I don't really get that sentence. It's on this page.

"Did you just finished your site?" on this page ... no 'ed' on finish required here, Bogey, and you can replace that question mark with a comma, too :) I like commas (the semi-colon's my favourite, though).

Overall I still think it lacks some colour ... the content area just being white is not what Aaron likes ... but then again Aaron is picky. Get that new logo done first!
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, the seperation of text boxes on this page is inconsistent.

1px

2px

No px :( <-- sad because px is the currency of the web, and no px means he's homeless, jobless and womanless.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
It's getting there, Bogey :)

Breeze wrote:
I would re-design the logo though, it does look a bit tacky. Perhaps you ought to get up to speed on photoshop, it's a big part of web designing now. The header looks a bit generic at the moment, but I think once you get a nice logo happening it will look a lot better (and I don't want your logo to be just green either :P).

Currently, the logo is being redone... I have that up for the moment though
Breeze wrote:
"costum PHP programming" should be "custom PHP programming".

Where you mention "other services" (twice in your first two paragraphs), you should point them in a link to a page where they can read more about these mysterious "other services".

"keeping our costumers/users" should be "keeping our customers/users"

"unless you ask us to do something more busy and hard-core" consider rephrasing that to "however we're very flexible and we'd be happy to handle your complex problems, too" or similar.

"we should get done with your project in a decent amount of time" ... people like myself (or maybe it's just Aussies) tend to interpret a 'decent amount' of anything a large portion, so maybe rephrase it?

"Did you just finished your site?" on this page ... no 'ed' on finish required here, Bogey, and you can replace that question mark with a comma, too :) I like commas (the semi-colon's my favourite, though).

"Web design is the staple in building the successful site on the competent world wide web." -- I don't really get that sentence. It's on this page.

Those are now fixed... thanks :)
Breeze wrote:
I'm still not a fan of the default-blue links ... and is the white background on some of them intentional ... it looks like an error ... itjust doesn't sit right with me.

I have it underlined when you hover... :lol: Okay okay okay, I'll try a different color...
Breeze wrote:
Overall I still think it lacks some colour ... the content area just being white is not what Aaron likes ... but then again Aaron is picky. Get that new logo done first!

I don't know about making the content area a different color... right now it looks professional... if I add a different color, I may ruin the design... as you well know, I'm horrible with colors, and the content area being white seems right for me...

Breeze wrote:

1px

2px

No px :( <-- sad because px is the currency of the web, and no px means he's homeless, jobless and womanless.

:lol: I can't do anything about that...

More reviews would be greatly appreciated :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about the link colors now? I'm not sure I like the content links, but I'm satisfied with the left navigation links... maybe I'll have those colors throughout the whole site...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The vertical shadow separating your side column from the main content area is way too deep. I'd lighten it up quite a bit to give it more of a natural 3D look, if that's what you're going for.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you pad the content in the box in the header and also pad the main content so that there is equal white space on the left and right.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about now? I've lightened the Vertical Gradient and the logo is different thanks to a great contributing Ozzu member :D

What do you guys think of it now?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Breeze wrote:

1px

2px

:lol: I can't do anything about that...

Why?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because I didn't do anything to do that... the source for that is:
Code: [ Select ]
<input type="text" name="name" id="name" size="65" /><br />
<input type="text" name="email" id="email" size="65" /><br />
<input type="text" name="website" id="web" size="65" value="http://" /><br />
<textarea name="notes" id="notes" rows="10" cols="49"></textarea>
  1. <input type="text" name="name" id="name" size="65" /><br />
  2. <input type="text" name="email" id="email" size="65" /><br />
  3. <input type="text" name="website" id="web" size="65" value="http://" /><br />
  4. <textarea name="notes" id="notes" rows="10" cols="49"></textarea>
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

And what does your CSS for those elements look like?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
input[type='text'], input[type='password'], textarea {
    color: #798030;
    border: 1px solid #b7c800;
}

input[type='submit'], input[type='reset'] {
    border: 1px solid #b7c800;
}
  1. input[type='text'], input[type='password'], textarea {
  2.     color: #798030;
  3.     border: 1px solid #b7c800;
  4. }
  5. input[type='submit'], input[type='reset'] {
  6.     border: 1px solid #b7c800;
  7. }
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah I guess you're right. It's too bad there's no way to specify any kind of margin or padding for those elements.

Oh wait.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Ah I guess you're right. It's too bad there's no way to specify any kind of margin or padding for those elements.

Oh wait.

I don't want to do that as it messes up the alignment with the text on the left, and if I try to make the text bigger, it jumps to a huge bold text... don't want that.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright. I've updated how the thing works, added a few things. How about it now? Is it really all that good that no one can give me a good long constructive criticism? :P Maybe I'm that good :lol:

Spent a good 2 days redoing some parts of my template system, and adding a few features to my site (Not yet released... not done with that :roll: ).

Hope I can get a good long review on my design, loading time and everything else on the site. I don't really know yet on what I suck on so far right now... I know my creativity suffers, but other than that... in which area would my site suffer?
  • kassimwithu
  • kassimwithu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its looking Ok,

But you have taken from some readymade templates,

Fine tune it well it will be OK

Cheers
Kassim
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

kassimwithu wrote:
Its looking Ok,

But you have taken from some readymade templates,

Fine tune it well it will be OK

Cheers
Kassim

Care to tell me what kind of template it seems to be taken from?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright... I updated a few things... added membership (which for now, doesn't add anything besides the ability to PM :lol: )
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Allen,TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the design ,although not my favorite color. And the first thing that comes to my mind when I visit is "BORING" You need more graphics and better logo.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

OmMEGGA wrote:
I really like the design ,although not my favorite color. And the first thing that comes to my mind when I visit is "BORING" You need more graphics and better logo.

Reason I'm afraid of adding more things is because if I start adding visuals or something, I tend to overdo it and make it too busy... another problem I have with that is that I don't know what to add. I'm afraid of ruining the look I'm after (professionalism). If you have any suggestions as to what I can add to make it more visually appealing, than I would take those suggestions on heavy consideration.

Thank you :)

Also, does anyone else think that I should make the EMAIL to USER a MEMBER'S only feature? (I'm talking about this)
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, no problem. If I were you I would use simply icons. For your services you could use something like this http://www.iconshock.com/img/product/di ... cons-2.jpg . Each service would have it's own icon on the right or where ever you want to place it. Than I would change the logo (back ground is just fine but the text and actual logo) as it makes everything look
"unprofessional" .Just make it more "bold" and clean. Use some cool font and add life to it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks about the icon's idea... I'll try that.

What's wrong with the logo?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having doubts on the system I've got on my site... maybe I should return to using PHPbb Forum and work my site around the forum like I have done before?
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not Joomla or Mambo?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because PHPbb Forum is a Forum... I'm doing that more for the forum than a CMS.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ohh I see. I hate to see your page going down. Looks like you gave a lot of effort creating it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

OmMEGGA wrote:
Ohh I see. I hate to see your page going down. Looks like you gave a lot of effort creating it.

Oh the page would stay intact... it would be integrated into PHPbb forum and a forum would be added into it... making the membership thing more reasonable :lol:
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sooo... should I go back to the phpBB Forum Integration or not?

Come on people, I need an idea here :lol: :D

Thanks
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please people. There isn't any idea or advice from anyone on this?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't had chance to go thru this website but being it's a new development it maybe nice if you moved away from XHTML to HTML5 (<!DOCTYPE html>)

Just thinking out loud.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 107 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers