• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• deaddevil
  • deaddevil

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site.
I liked the way you used the onload element in the image on the index page nice work!
Is your website providing help to webdesigners?
  • JC
  • Born
  • Born
  • JC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like the page design... Very nice color and layout :P :!:
  • lrcre8ive
  • Loc: MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work on your site!!

I really liked the colors, and overall it was super sharp and fresh looking. The only suggestion I have is to speed up the transtions between sections.

Keep up the good work :D
  • Padawan
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look of this site very much. Most appealing for me is the crisp, clean look of it.

Can I ask though why you have the table width set to 770 pixels? Most people now view at 1024 x 768 not 800 x 600, and in any event you could use percentages to make your page scaleable to the viewing browsers resolution.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

it would not work very well for that site to use a percentage as a width due to their Images at the top with the links and background. I've never actually seen anything that create done with animated gifs before, so kudos for that. I enjoyed my visit to your site a fair amount however, if you want to look professional in the online world, you are not providing a good start in this forum.
Quote:
yo, how's it going?
doesn't sound professional at all to me and, in my opinion, this thread could be named something much better. That's just my 2 cents.. since online, you're always being watched.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yo, yo, kev. The first thing I admired about your site was the awesome graphics. Then I admired the mis-spelling of 'homepage' in your bottom left image ('HOMPAGE Version 1'). No biggy, the site is still cool. So I go over to your profile, looks awesome, I like the transitions. Checking out your profile, I noticed you're majoring in Computer Programing, which is supposed to be Programming. You also know Dreamwaver and Firework, or did you mean Dreamweaver and Fireworks? Also, Microsoft Excell is actually Excel. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm exagerating all this stuff because every little thing matters on a website, at least if you want it to be near perfection. So take the time to run a little spell check before you publish finalized work.

I dont know about the rest of you, but when your menu loads up in transition, there's a dead image that I can see for about 1 second below the Main menu option. Something you may want to address.

That little up and down motion that the header does everytime you hover over a menu option gets a little annoying after a while. And in keeping with annoyances, you need to have a scroll slider for your scroll options. Its a looooooong scroll down to the bottom of some of your sections and it would help if the user can have enough control to be able to go right down to the bottom without have to hold that down arrow for 2 minutes.

This is a pretty impressive site, I have to say. There's a lot of work put into it and you should definitely be proud of what you have to show. Just fix up that grammar. Also add your meta description/keyword tags. Good job man, you definitely possess some skills.
  • nero
  • Student
  • Student
  • nero

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice. Very colorful and it all blends wonderfully. i also like the mouseovers.
  • kev89431
  • kev89431

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahahaha, i'm glad that daremedy pointed out the grammar stuffs; and also thanks for the advice. :oops:
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done on an exceptional site!

Beautiful colours and graphics! And don't forget the mouse-overs and trasitions.

BUt off course all of this comes with a price! People with a slow connection speed (or PC) will get very frustrated, and the "dead image" that's there for a sec or two, every time a page loads, caught my eye as well.

About the use of language: Don't try to sound "professional" if it's not your style. If you want an informal look, feel and sound, then go for it.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nicely placed out. Gives a good feeling when visiting your site. I agree with the slow connection and large graphics size.

but the file size is still kept under 40 k, which is good. good luck with site building!
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gemwolf wrote:
About the use of language: Don't try to sound "professional" if it's not your style. If you want an informal look, feel and sound, then go for it.

If you're working on a personal site just to put up what you want to, then I agree but, if you're trying to make a website that has to do with website design, people want to see professional, not informal. I can't think of a single person who would give the nod to someone who is informal for a professional design such as website design.
  • superman
  • Loc: Phoenix Az

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site was nice I liked the graphics but kinda slow a few misspelled words but other than that good work
  • angiek
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is very nice, I found that you didn't correct yet your misspelled words.
I would like it better if when you transition from a page to another the title "Triet's Homepage" would be entirely visible, maybe raised a bit more in the header.

:P
Good work!
  • angy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • angy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks nice and bright but the problem i came accross is that it takes a long time to load on my 56k modem. did you optimise the picture? anyways great lookin, hopefully it'lll load faster the next time i check =)
  • kev89431
  • kev89431

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://yoyokevin.net

Hi everyone, thanks for checking out my website. I would love to hear your comments, because that's the only way to make it better.

Kevin,
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

kev89431,

I've merged your topic with your original one. Please continue from here and do not create a new thread to advertize an updated site.

Thanks
  • asmuni
  • Born
  • Born
  • asmuni

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site Kev! Sweet color and graphics! You have very good taste!
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good. Very good design.

Have you thought of using CSS at all? It might simplify your code.

Good luck with it...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers