SITE REVIEW: Iamkoa.net - Kokonut Awards

• iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

I've recently designed a web designer awards site and would like suggestions/comments (regarding the design and user ability) as well as new submissions. (So if you have a site you'd like to submit, do it!)

I welcome all comments, but please keep them as constructive comments, not simply "this sucks/rules". :wink:

http://iamkoa.net/kokonut_awards/

Cheers.
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Loc: South East England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Nice design and colours. Maybe make the table a bit wider to save browsers scrolling down.

Overall its a very nice site, but maybe some buttons on the left for better navigation becausewhen you view an individual site you have to use the back button in the browser!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unique Design ! Really unique !
But the page is a bit too narrow , try to widen it a bit more. Otherwise , i like the olour combination.
  • iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments.

I'm thinking of widening the content a bit, but any other suggestions?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

the lighter green with the pink mouseover is a bit hard to read and it would be nice to see the site in the first details section (usually when I hit a site like that I'm most interested in the sites themselves so I can form my own opinion) Three clicks to ge a URL seems like a bit much. Maybe thats's just me, but you could just have the "more info" go directly to the second page with your review and comments...

Otherwise I like the site and color scheme. We could always use more sites to showcase good design :D
  • tuanktvn
  • Born
  • Born
  • tuanktvn
  • Loc: VN

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea it's a nice site
  • iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks graphixboy, I agree with the three-clicks rule... it's a little much.

I'd love for some of you to submit yout site. Otherwise I'd like suggestions of how to continue getting submissions. Should I post this in forums? Search engines? Both?

Let me know...
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right now I wish I had the time to make my site presentable enough to post in a lot of places. I've had so much work that I don't have time to do much else. Not sure if thats good or bad :)

As for publicity I'd say posting at newstoday.com and speakup.com might get you some submissions but I don't know.
  • iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good thinking. The newstoday.com site is great, but the speakup.com site... what? It's something regarding gun control. Hmm...

Thanks graphix.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oops sorry I always forget that one. Its http://www.underconsideration.com/speakup I guess I've never looked to see what speakup.com is :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers