SITE REVIEW: iconfu.com (free online icon editor & library)

• conanite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: paris, france

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://iconfu.com is an online icon editor and library. It's completely javascript-based, so there's nothing to download or install: just start drawing your icons (you don't even need to register).

As the developer, I don't know if I've over-simplified or over-complicated the whole site, it would be great to have some external points of view, especially concerning the editor and the icon library browser

Note: the editor doesn't work on internet explorer. At all. Not even worth trying (it relies on the Canvas element which is not supported in IE, and google's excanvas replacement doesn't have all the features iconfu needs unfortunately).
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems pretty cool to work with, I fooled around a bit with it. I think people that have never used this type of generator may have a bit of trouble though. Maybe put some directions steps on the side for everyday folks
  • conanite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: paris, france

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi roje0913, thanks for the tip. I'm working on a bunch of text to help people out with using the site. It feels odd writing english rather than code, but it has to be done I suppose.
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,conanite.I can't use your website yesterday for I use IE6 browser, but can use it today by firefox.
My personal view at the website is: it looks nice and professional.It should very useful for IT person or designer. But,maybe it'll be kind of hard for common people to understand and use it,(just like me:), I know little about computing or design actually, but I'd love to learn and use some new editors). It'll be great if common people can use it easily,it's really useful.
I have the same view as roje0913, can add more instruction or directions steps.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers