SITE REVIEW: ICS Website

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been coming here and reviewing others site and well...it's finally nice to come in with my own...so please much review as possible since i'm still working on this so browse all except contact page...it's not up

http://www.icsgy.com/ics.php
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe loose the very light blue background it look s a bit wishsy washy to me, and the diagonal lines accross it.

maybe a blue color like the bar on the Products page would be nice.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice! But maybe some rollover effects on those buttons would make it better. Also like Coderx said, I don't like the light blue either...

Anyway, good job and keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
  • lilstorm
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site alot :)

But I agree the background is too bright for the site. I would definitly have it less bright. As someone else said, maybe the color of the box on your page would be nice.

The featured Product part doesn't look aligned right to me. Maybe its just me lol. Just looks a smidge too far left but enough that it drew my attention.

a bunch of your pics are showing up as a red x on the product page for me...

but besides that I really like how you did the product page.

On the account page you could do without so many spaces between the end of the paragraph and the user ID box.

Over all I really liked your site!! I love your banner!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the really constructive Comments. I don't know I was digging the blue but I'll talk to the client and hear if he would want it change or has doubts about it. I would try the color of the blue on the box on the products page but I was aiming at a different blue cuz I use it so ever often.

I did do rollovers, nothing fancy though. lol.

Thanks and more comments please.
  • MISC/A++
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UnderGround

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
ICS Launches 
ICS is proud to show off thier new   site   design      by dEPTHSKINS. We are also proud to display our services and features to the world. Enjoy your visit.
  1. ICS Launches 
  2. ICS is proud to show off thier new   site   design      by dEPTHSKINS. We are also proud to display our services and features to the world. Enjoy your visit.

That's how I have aligned, not sure if it’s only me, if not then you might want to check your spacing.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that background is too bright & and I got this 'Site Under Construction due to server transfer' so I cant review it properly...

RUM
  • bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya,

- I have to ditto on the bright background. I'd go more towards a faded version of the blue you use in your main body.
- I feel like the text in your main body should align with the text in the lock header images. 'ICS is part...' should be horizontally aligned with 'About Us'.
- You ought to put links in each of your product blocks that bring the user to someplace they can't contact you or order your products outright.
- Missing some formatting on the 'Products' header inside the Sevices page.

Bob Jamison
bob@kindakarma.com
http://www.kindakarma.com
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys. Will work on what you said asap. I will change the bg.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys...here's a screenshot of what i have now...Is this blue bg better?

Let me know please.
http://d2networx.com/uploader/uploads/template25c.gif
  • lilstorm
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks the same to me....
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

God friend...take a second look at it and see it's not the same color.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks good but that light blue puts me off, if you had the background black or very dark and tweaked the rest of te site to fit in i think it would look better.
  • bingojackson
  • bingojackson
  • Loc: Manchester UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite like the blue you have on the online version. The one in the screenshot is a bit heavy on my eyes. However I suppose a tone or so darker wouldn't hurt.

The logo seems to be misaligned in Firefox, the top part of the phone headset doesn't match up with the rest of the numberpad underneath it. It looks broken. Looking at it, it seems that you have made the top banner from multiple images and the spacing and/or sizing is not quite right.

I agree with the rest of the aqlignment issues raised, but that's just a little tweak here and there.

The three buttons in the top right of the header (home, site map and contact) would be better if they turned the same green colour as the other rollovers, just to make them pop out a bit.

Overall, I'd say it's a very pro looking job. I can see people trusting the content and buying the products.
  • bingojackson
  • bingojackson

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I see the problem. The graphics ics_01.gif and ics_08.gif are out of alignment. So they are probably the same in every browser. You need to redo 08 and probably the one next to it 09. Steal some space off the bigger 09 graphic and you will be able to move the pnone keypad image over the correct amount.

I did the same thing the other week, no-one noticed that either. :)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok...well I'm reslicing so I hope it's fixed. I like the idea with the green for sitemap and such...I will work on matching the logo. I'm impressed you noticed the images of the ppl. I didn't see their size stand out but i know there's some about it that trows it off...some i have to fix...thought someone would notice that. Thanks for your posts everyone. I'll work on certain things.
  • bingojackson
  • bingojackson

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good site, just needs a little tweak here and there.
  • hizson
  • hizson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love to give a rave review but at this point I can not. I clicked the link and got that dreaded error message that the page could not be located?

I think if you get that fixed you'll receive many more positive reviews.
:)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.icsgy.com

That should work now.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blue is still to bright for my eyes. I would prefer it be much, much darker. Maybe a Navy blue color. Other than that the site looks great.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comment.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers