SITE REVIEW: IEEE Chapert @ FIT

• cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok everyone, this is not a new product that is rolling out. We just want to get what you guys think. Here is the link: http://activities.fit.edu/ieee/
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Graphic wise, it's all too busy...the image on the right repeating on the y-axis is a bit much for a background image, the scrolling stuff takes all your attention, the title at the very top frame (not going to get on the use of frames :) ) just says IEEE...but without digging through, you can't find what that actually stands for, so you should make your content a little more presentable on the front end. Enough downing from me. :) I may come back to you with some more constructive criticism later. ;) On the positive side, you do show creativity. Don't hate me for my criticism...I mean well...if I didn't think you had potential for making a good site, I wouldn't have taken the time to comment.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take the http://activities.fit.edu/ieee/head1a.jpg background image out completely, it doesn't look good at all repeated all over the place. If you want to stick with frames, have just a top frame and a bottom frame. Make the top one your title banner and navigation, and make the bottom one your content. On some pages you end up with pages that are in a frame, in a frame, in a frame.
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you guys for the comments. I didn't design it, but I am going to be assisting with the design and development of a new version of the site, so I had to get the comments from here.
  • T-BenZ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • T-BenZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

:arrow: Hey Guys the site is mine. Cipher wants me to demolish it and start from scratch, but I like the classic design and I worked hard on it. I would rather just add some PHP to make it easier to edit and to add some useful content such as message boards and announcements. But what I would really like is to have some feedback. SO you guys post something..ANything. Be heartless if you have to...That's how I like my critiques:twisted:
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

You ask for brutal, you got it - Demolish. If you're aiming to improve the graphical content AND integrate PHP, then you might as well start from scratch, because the frames are the first thing that need to go.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with UPSGuy... it needs serious work. The scrolling graphic needs to disappear, the font in the graphic at the top is terrible (almost illegible), the IEEE animated .gif looks very cheesey, and the graphics just repeat everywhere with larger resolutions (1600x1200).
  • T-BenZ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • T-BenZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL...I asked for it. Thanks for the perspective guys. I don't know whether to :) or :cry: . You guys just picked out some of my favorite things...but I do appreciate your input. Maybe I can use tables instead of the frames and I don't know, What else can I do?

Eager and waiting for input Please.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers