SITE REVIEW: ifYou

• Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the idea?
The idea is simple: to try and make the biggest linklist ever, with style!
So, everyone is welcome to buy a link ($1) or even a whole page (plus $19).
You can buy as many links or pages as you like.
The pages you buy will be displayed on the homepage permanently. The homepage will not change. Using some of the money I make from the site, I guarantee to keep it online for at least 5 years, but hopefully much longer. I want it to become a kind of internet time capsule. So, in the long run, I believe the linklist will offer good value. You will have a piece of internet history!

Do you like the design and is it easy to use?

http://www.ifyou.ch

Thanks
Jérôme
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the design, but I'm not totally sure about the fade thing. In the FAQ, I get a feeling that the content is accidentally bleeding out of the container, even though I know it's by design. Usability wise, so far, so good. Not too much there as of yet, though. ;) Was slightly confusing trying to figure out what to do from the main page. It resembles so many of the current word clouds on blogs these days that I didn't realize that was the feature at first.
  • Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

As of now there is nothing much appealing on the home page. You may become a victim of high bounce rate.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the feedback, I changed the design slightly, so it will fade out on the footer and not on the content.

Also the first 100 are free, sign up now that will not last for long.
  • linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice lay-out, good design.

I would give a little bit more explanation of your website on your homepage, even if it's below the links, make sure your visitors don't leave immediately. Just a thought...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the footer should fade out more gradually and start from the beginning and not at the end of the actual footer.

I think you should change "Biggest link directory with style" to "Link directory with style". I know where you get the 'style' from and why you are using 'Biggest', but when you don't even have 100 links, I don't think that 'Biggest' would work here. Maybe I'm just being a bit picky here.

I like the hovers you did on the contact form there.

I can't find anywhere what ifyou.ch is about? Alright, it's a link directory... but then there's press... and members? I assume that has something to do with Press... or maybe if the user's site is listed in the link directory...

Your homepage seems a bit empty... lacking a few things... kind of making the site seem dull. The design starts out exciting and full of promise at the top and then dulls out until we come to the footer where it gets a bit more interesting then a lot of white space you got there.

Good job on making it valid XHTML 1.1! I don't see many designs like that that are submitted here for review.

I think your sitemap needs a bit more structure. There is barely any spacing in front of the list and doesn't differentiate from regular text well enough. A simple bullet doesn't do it. Yes, I know it's a list, but with no spacing in front of the list items, it gets boring and dull to go through all of the list items you got there.

Also, if you are planning to list all of the page you got in your directory in there, the list could get pretty big and thus, making the page load time pretty big. If you are planning to do that, maybe add pagination every 100 pages or so... or maybe every 25 pages with description after every link. That could come in handy.

Good job overall. That was a good job.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I think the footer should fade out more gradually and start from the beginning and not at the end of the actual footer.

I think you should change "Biggest link directory with style" to "Link directory with style". I know where you get the 'style' from and why you are using 'Biggest', but when you don't even have 100 links, I don't think that 'Biggest' would work here. Maybe I'm just being a bit picky here.

I like the hovers you did on the contact form there.

I can't find anywhere what ifyou.ch is about? Alright, it's a link directory... but then there's press... and members? I assume that has something to do with Press... or maybe if the user's site is listed in the link directory...

Your homepage seems a bit empty... lacking a few things... kind of making the site seem dull. The design starts out exciting and full of promise at the top and then dulls out until we come to the footer where it gets a bit more interesting then a lot of white space you got there.

Good job on making it valid XHTML 1.1! I don't see many designs like that that are submitted here for review.

I think your sitemap needs a bit more structure. There is barely any spacing in front of the list and doesn't differentiate from regular text well enough. A simple bullet doesn't do it. Yes, I know it's a list, but with no spacing in front of the list items, it gets boring and dull to go through all of the list items you got there.

Also, if you are planning to list all of the page you got in your directory in there, the list could get pretty big and thus, making the page load time pretty big. If you are planning to do that, maybe add pagination every 100 pages or so... or maybe every 25 pages with description after every link. That could come in handy.

Good job overall. That was a good job.

Thank for your huge feedback, I really appreciate it! I programmed it with a cache system so it should be alright. If the site is getting to heavy I will add a pagination system.

Thanks again.
  • janeyardy
  • janeyardy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I m unable to know what kind of services you are offering, is this a business website?...and the design is not extra ordinary as well..its very simple

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers