SITE REVIEW: my-image-host.com

• poison17
  • poison17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want some advices about a new website of mine.

The website is My Image Host, a free picture hosting and sharing services.

I want to know your honest opinion about graphics, layout, other things that I've missed.

If you notice something wrong, please specify what browser and OS do you use.

Any other advice about the site / service is welcome.

Thank you.
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really nice and clean site,I like it. :D

1 thing:when I click the "register"button(at lower left side), and then click "close window",it doesn't work.
2nd:I think the frame width of Uploading Column can be a little smaller.
  • gentech5
  • Born
  • Born
  • gentech5

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general design and feel of your website. However i have a few comments to make.

1. As the previous poster mentioned, the register and login buttons are not well positioned. It actually took me some time to see them.

Either you centralise them, or place them upwards, right most probably.

2. Your intro text on the left is too long and confusing to read. Make it shorter and use some paragraphing to make it easier on the eye.

3. While I really like your site header, the 3 small images on the top right could be better designed. I first thought they were adverts or something..

just my 2 cents, else you did a great job.

regards..
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi poison,
The color scheme on the site is really nice and soothing. It doesn't hurt the eyes to stare at for a while. I am having a little trouble figuring out the priority of the page elements. Right now the google ad on the right draws my eye on the page the most. Is there any way that you could make the upload area more prominent and noticeable? Also the input lines in the upload area are wider then their container in FF3. Nice site though and I really like login and register buttons.
  • tihomir_wwf
  • tihomir_wwf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, it's a nice site. Few suggestions by me:

1) the welcome text is a little useless, I'd move it in about page

2) the blue background of the upload controls' box looks little strange, I'd add some border

Good Luck
  • victoriaphee
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • victoriaphee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you can be more creative in explaining the whole process of uploading. Essay form can be very boring to most audience especially when they only want to use your website to upload images
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is lacking creativity but let's put that aside and focus on functionality.

The first thing I see on the page are ads, I think they are badly placed and annoys any user.

The text you have on the left is as good as a black box. The leading can be improved, the justification should be removed, it should be broken into paragraphs, and you should format it better with some titles. It also feels forced in the space that it has.

The upload fields... well I didn't see any browse button so I was wondering how do I upload. Because I'm a little savvy I know when u click in browse boxes, the file browser comes up. However, users should be seeing a 'browse' button to know its purpose.

I have to come back on the issue of ads. You have ads on the top, right and bottom which is to be frank, overkill. You need to do it more tastefully by placing it in 1 location and be more considerate to your users. In addition, Google ads are hideous so that's not helping your design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers