SITE REVIEW: CS-Impact

• d00m1001
  • d00m1001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

CS-Impact is a Counter-Strike community that specializes in making the player better at the game with tutorials, reviews, and forums. CS-Impact even has their own game servers.

Im hoping some one can review the design for me. I know the homepage has a lot going on. I did it that way because gamers usually like that sort of design. Anyways, thanks in advance.

http://www.csimpactservers.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked please resume your reviews.
  • d00m1001
  • d00m1001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bump. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
  • duke_m
  • Born
  • Born
  • duke_m
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am nobody to review a CS site because i am new to Counter Strike, but this looks good..The blocking of relative data is good but the pages are too long and may make the user dizzy. But the commited CS fan shall accept it and be content overall i give the site a thumbs up.

P.S. Cool graphics you got there I just suggest some more animation in the site.
  • EddieFelson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • EddieFelson
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didnt get a full look at your site in any depth. I will post a more design/visual review later.

This was mainly due to the fact that the speed of the site is slow. It took ages to load up all your images. I would say you could get away with reducing the three main images in size as they are quite dark and the detail/definition does not need to be so high. 43kb 45kb and 38kb in these three images alone. They could be reduced and it would greatly increase your sites speed.

Also at the bottom of the page the "action inside" image is black and white, 94 by 44 in dimensions and it is a whopping 27kb! If you have this as a jpeg you could save it as a gif and cut out a lot of that size.

Finally if your declaring it as XHTML you should give you images alt tags.

Hope this helps!
  • tommyy
  • tommyy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there!

Okey, here we go :)

+ The boxes looks really neat and clean.

- The graphics was way to typical for my taste.. it's been used in 95% of all counter-strike websides ever made.

- I didn't like the blue typo in the header.. how about changing it to red or orange?

- You don't have a hover effect on your meny.. if you change the colour to f.ex orange on hover, it would look much better.
  • d00m1001
  • d00m1001

Post 3+ Months Ago

tommyy, The blue typo in the header?

Everyone : Thank you for your input.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers