SITE REVIEW: Indianminiature.org - Art history based website

• indianminiature
  • indianminiature

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for your feedback/suggestions on the website http://www.indianminiature.org . The website is based on unique Indian miniature paintings of ancient period.
thanks in advance
  • irf2k
  • Born
  • Born
  • irf2k

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've looked at the site, and I have a couple comments:

1. there is too much text on one page...I've never been a fan of cluttered websites, and even though yours is well laid out, with eye-catching graphics, the text is too much for me to bother reading...
consider spreading the text out on different pages, or use hidden divs and allow users to select different pictures too see the text associated with them
Or, you could use flash. Since your site is about indian miniatures, it will really lend itself to flash animations.

2. Some of your links cause the text to shift...not sure why, but it might have something to do with the bg changing colour...its not a huge problem, but it would look cleaner if that were fixed

Overall, it's well designed, but I think a little less text would make if more appealing
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site - it's full of content, colorful, and some of those miniature paintings are amazing! I like the logo, with that ancient scroll look and the ornate text - which in other cases I might have said was too ornate, but with your site I think it fits, especially as the rest of it is pretty clean.

I agree there is a lot of text, but your site is about an interesting topic, and you have much to say about it, so the quantity of text doesn't bother me. it would be nice, though, if the images could be enlarged on click? or if each image was provided with a little caption telling us more about what it represents, where it came from etc.

you might want to change the background color of the right column, to stand out a little from the white background of the center column/main content. maybe the same color you use for the background of the left column. in fact I think you could make both of those a little darker still - just to give the viewer a clearer difference between the main content and the side columns... that might take away some of that slightly 'cluttered' look.

your layout is excellent as far as I'm concerned - nothing to add....

all in all good work. and a most interesting subject.
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site, I'm taking art history as an elective this semester (strange cuz I'm an engineering major) and we covered India a couple weeks ago. I might use your site to look at more paintings :D.

I think it's nice and clean, though I have to agree with irf2k because I don't like spending more than 30s reading text on the home page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers