SITE REVIEW: IndustrialCandA.com

• lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

8) Re-dsigned http://www.industrialCandA.com

I had some changes made based on some replies from my first post.

I change the color sceam and the layout. I could use some feedback on the changes I had made.

Web Address: http://www.industrialCandA.com

Thank you
Lennyc
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would add a logo header at the top
  • Pengel
  • Pengel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a bland :(

Add sharpness to the elements so that it doesn't look like a botnet search engine.
  • andyy15
  • andyy15

Post 3+ Months Ago

A very plain site. 1st center you website using <div class align=center></div> Second make your main table fixed width. 3rd get rid of the standard blue link. Change it by using css to match the color scheme of your site.
  • PyroCreep

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to agree that it is somewhat plane, but after all it is a site for Industrial tools, so I don’t think you would want to get too glitzy or glamorous with it. I do like that there is a lot of white space, the only thing that I can think of , is that which Andyy15 had already mentioned, about changing the standard blue link.

All in all not too bad Lennyc

:thumbsup:
  • onur
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Mesothelioma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the standard blue link colors should stay, as many big companies such as Yahoo, eBay and Google still use blue to indicate links. Since your site is not a design firm or something, I think you'd be better of with the standard blue.

Apart from that, you REALLY need a logo. ;)
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Image hosted by Angelfire"

=P

I'd suggest not hosting anything on Angelfire, because they aren't a very good web host.

Design is good, although very simple. Loaded pretty fast. I'd suggest using Photoshop or Fireworks or paying to get a good layout, because that would make it look better (although if you improved the current one to look a little more professional it would be good beacause not using images dramatically decreases load time). If you went together with a good web designer, you could make the next eBay. :D
  • hyperActive
  • hyperActive

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall its an OK site for the purpose that its supposed to be used. Some suggestions though,

1. Get rid of the horrid "Industrial Auction" time roman header at the top and replace it with some sort of logo or graphic header.

2. Consider adding more colour into the website to spice it up. The yellow is very plain and unattractive

3. Change the link colour to something more original. All the blue links are hurting my eyes.

4. Your pictures have been scaled down too dramatically, you can barely see whats actially been shown until you enlarge it. Try makng them a touch bigger.

Thats it for now, hope that helped and good luck with your website!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers