SITE REVIEW: IndustrialCandA.com

• lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: Industrial Classifieds and Auction redone. I could use some feedback.

Mock up page address:
http://www.angervent.com/mockup_page_fo ... lcanda.htm

The mock up page is the new look.

Current home page look. http://www.industrialcanda.com

Any feedback good or bad is welcomed. Any tips on inprovement even better.

Lenny
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• KeRo
  • Born
  • Born
  • KeRo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi lenny, the page is well done!
For sure the page is better than before, but I would change, the banner above the page, I guess it would look better, if you center the banner.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from german, and gratefully if you correct my text, so I can learn english, thank you.
  • Rolle
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Finland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, but maybe too big for me. :? (?)
Your website is some kind of shop and the content is "advertising", so... I dont think what I would have to think :P
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definatly agree with KeRo, the banner needs to be centered and reduced in size. I also think there are alot of links on the page. I know obviously you need to have links but i just think that because they are all on the main page and spaced equally with no original text really explaining your site i think it makes dull reading.

I also think (i know i am being very criticle, but i would expect you might appreciate this) your site is boring in the sense the colours. If you were to remove the amount of links on the main page of the site, which i would recommend, you would likely have a dull colour scheme which although it has yellow and white the blue links would be gone making it looks bland.

Oh, one more thing (sorry about this), animations dont work for me.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: Thank you all for your feedback. As for the text being centered is in the works. I like the large header so it's staying and as for what the site is all about well the title says it all. Industrial Classifieds and Auctions. I don't think anyone who reads and understands english will have any trouble understanding what the website is all about. There's no anamation here so I don't know what that comment was all about.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see, you ment the ad catchers. Well it caught you eye. LOL.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, just a small thing the animation bit. But that goes down to personal preference. I personally am not a fan of them.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D The header gif is very huge - it seems your like that way, but people visiting your site must feel your site profesional, so they will trust upon your service & come back for their needs.

As yours is auction portal not personal site - i suggest to reduce the header gif....
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

8) Just a quick note here. The anamations are there for generating funds. The person who places the auction or classifieds listing can choose to have them or not. For a small fee of course. I just had a background image installed to help break up the white background. What does anyone think of that? I like the header large as it may be. The total file size for the home page of the auction section is only 23.3 Kb. Thats not really much. Some peoples flash banners are 10K alone. Im going to be adding some informationn text just above the catagories listing to break up that empty spot below them. Soon.

Thanks for all your feedback!!!!

Lennyc
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Compared to the old site, the header is an improvement. The menu graphic is clearer and you obviously want it as big as it is, which is fine. If you're up to a bit of graphic designing, what you can do is place the menu items on the left side of the picture, decreasing the height of that image and filling out the width of the page. It may or may not improve the look of the header.

Also, the animations for each listing are a bit over the top. They dont really relate to the ads and just increase your sites load up time. If your intent on keeping that animation feature, maybe try and find some tool animations of hammers or drills, whatever, and make those available to users, the current animations are just awkward. I also think you should combine the "Featured Pictures Gallery" and "Featured Auctions" into one item on your homepage. Its basically the same thing displayed twice in different formats. At least I think it is. But generally, it IS a good site despite my rantings, there's a lot of effort put into it.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

8) Thanks all for your input. I am looking into changing the animated images. They are a bit off key to the website image. I either may remove them altogether or like the last person suggested use tool images instead. Non- animated ones anyway. They do add funds to the bottom line. I am also cutting the header down about 25 pixels in width.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

8) I have made and implemented all the suggestions everyone has made. The animated icons will disappear once the current listings expire. I have removed the option as well from the sellers menu. Time will tell if this has any impact.

Has anyone done a wire announcement about there website?
If so did you get any results?

Thanks all.

Lennyc
  • webyourbusiness
  • Student
  • Student
  • webyourbusiness

Post 3+ Months Ago

the lower portion of the page (the store portion) is relative sized - ie, it scales - the top portion where your masthead is doesn't scale, so it looks odd at higher screen resolutions with full screen browser windows.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Needs more structure, a better layout still needs to be established. Information is scattered all over the place - not really giving the eye any direction....its just kind there.

Better than whats up now, yes, but it still needs to be pushed even farther. I agree with the comment that the banner could be shrunk down, but really, just a better layout with more structure and you'd be in much better shape IMO.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: I am having the Header changed again to 725 X 132. This should be okay. The website does have good symmetry as some people have told me so the rest stay's as is.

I don't think that there's too much on the home page. People just need to spend a little time to soak it all in.

Those annoying little animated icons will be gone as soon as the last listing with them ends.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers