SITE REVIEW: C Infinity Custom Computers

• cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, We have redesigned our site and would love some feedback.

We are a small custom computer company specializing in total customization of every aspect of every system we build.

www.cinfinityslutions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• deaddevil
  • deaddevil

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice design suits the eye very simple composed and gentle.Nice work
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall complete commercial site..simple design made it professional approach. Loads really faster..nicely optimized.

Finally one suggestion for now..move the layout to the center of the browser and change the font of "Design by you, Built by us" to a cool font.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice. struck me as a commercial site for real. Loads fast, professional look, sends the message clearly.
One thing..for your news you might want to make links like "cnet" open in a new window because you might be losing valuable customers.
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Czestochowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple design but it appeals to me. But:

1) site is not centered - I like centered pages...
2) this menu in the top is not working imho right - when I move mouse onto f.e. Products, the world Products is getting hidden by the new menu. I don't know if this was your intention, but I don't like it...

I think that's everything what I can write at the moment ( well done for XHTML Strict)
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking at the PC descriptions it's not obvious if,

Quote:
Memory: CORSAIR 1GB DDR2 PC2-4200
Memory: CORSAIR 1GB DDR2 PC2-4200

means you have two sticks of memory (and the optical drives) or whether you've stuffed up your description. If you want to keep the same format I'd change it so it reads,

Memory1: CORSAIR 1GB DDR2 PC2-4200
Memory2: CORSAIR 1GB DDR2 PC2-4200

I do love the way you can swap between AMD and Intel processors in the system, that really is a nice touch.
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pitbull82, what browser are you using? If you don't mind me asking.

Theak - I totally agree. That change needs to be done. I deally I would want our database do some logic and write it as 2x1GB=2GB. But as a quick fix what you said should be good.

Thanks for all the comments keep 'em coming :)
  • JayDeluxe
  • Born
  • Born
  • JayDeluxe

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i think your site is very good. The colors are ok and the graphic is nice :)
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are bumps allowed
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course bumps are allowed :wink: .

The first thing that striked me when looking at your site was that you dont do a good job of organizing your content. Theres a lot of white space and a lot of open content. You should try and put in borders and make your content easier to sift through. Before getting into that, a quick comment on the menu. The menu looks great, just the one item that bothers me. Under the "Why Buy From Us?" option, the first link, does it say "C- Difference"? Or is that supposed to be the infinity symbol? If its it the infinity symbol, definitely fix it up, because it doesnt look like it and you certainly dont want to give the impression that you have a C- difference!

Now, getting back to that white space I was talking about. See that "Designed by us, built by you" text? Its so random, takes a lot of room, gets my attention, but ruins your layout. Here's my thought, incorporate that into your header. Right after your logo, put that phrase next to it, remove those contact, about and faq links and incorporate them into your menu options. Or better yet, you can incorporate the phrase right into your logo somehow. But I'd definitely consider moving it out of the big piece of land you have it sitting on right now.

Below that, with the products menu beside that future of gaming ad. You need a border around that menu or at least some way of distinguishing it. Beside that ad, it almost looks like it has something to do with the ad and not a key navigational item on the index. And see all of the white space to the right of that menu? It makes your site so much more empty and boring to look at. You need borders or something to fill in the void. In addition to that, some rollover effects for the menu items would be great.

Again, where you have that new phone numbers content, it needs some kind of definition to separate it from the rest of your content. Not necessarily borders, maybe just a horizontal line on top and below it. Also, its dated March 2004? A little old? See the section you have below that where you say you have custom computer builders beat, thats what I mean by defined content. You can easy notice that section from the rest of the index. You need to do something similar for all of the other parts as well that I mentioned.

The rest of the index seems fine. In the footer, change the copyright date to 2005. Also, your links. You have links to CNET and other sources, open those links in new windows. Dont ever let the user get away from your website. Right now clicking on the links would allow the user to go to the other website and possibly forget all about you, and thats the end of that. So open links that are not related to your site in new windows, keeps the users where you want them.

You need to do a better job with navigation. I wasnt too impressed. For example, going to your gaming section and clicking on the ultimate machine feature, you leave no links to go back to the previous screen, at least that I can see. No matter where you are on the site, you have to know where you are and how to get back, without using the back button. Something for you to work on.

Generally speaking though, the site is pretty good. Has professional qualities but you can still do a lot to improve the navigation and the actual visual appearance. Its a great job though.
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

I reworked the front page to make it look less busy and have the right menu stand out. I am also thinking of adding a navigation aid similar to what they have here at ozzu: Webmaster Forum -> Website Reviews, This would solve the problem of letting people know where they are and how to go back. Let me know if the main page looks ok. Thanks everyone for your comments they were very helpful.
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made many changes to the site based on suggestions in this thread. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Among the improvements:

-Improved site navigation via the link path on top right

-Improved visual appearance by getting rid of unnecessary white space and content that really had no real purpose.

-Made home page better and more concise

-Whole site is now more user friendly for lower resolutions

-Numerous content improvements

Still to come: Customizer will be improved so that it is impossible to pick incompatible parts. Will work on optimizing load times.

I would greatly appreciate any comments you could give on the site as it stands now.
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the homepage, make the graphic larger 'Future of Gaming .....' and reduce the sizing of products. It sticks out over there big time. It looks unbalanced. Id think about a frame right around the entire thing to set it better. It seems to be floating around all over the place.

Urgh! Ive just clicked on a subpage and again that products menu is staring at me. Make it smaller man!

Also, its nice and clean to look at, but a splash of colour could really lighten it up some.

Just my thoughts.

RJ
  • Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas
  • Loc: Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very good, and strict to the point. What I allways say to my ecommerce clients, is that you must not have a graphic overloaded site with flash, etc when your target is to generate sales.

Something you should do is an optimization in search engines. A usefull advice is to have more keywords in the top of the page. Maybe you should do that by adding an <H1> header in the top of every page.
  • explorer1979
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • explorer1979
  • Loc: Hong Kong SAR, China

Post 3+ Months Ago

A nice site what I saw with a simply and clear interface design

the borader to the different area is a great just.

But, your web site have a special small disadvantage, it is your HTML code, why it just a column?? You write your edit by NotePad or other software???

For some other developer, some will visit your HTML and CSS code for learning if they have finded a good design, but your HTML code is hard to read on, you are better change on it :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers