SITE REVIEW: Infomania

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, it was easy to implement. That you so much Righteous Trespasser, you helped me out a lot right now. I'll work on the images right now :).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, now how do I make the whole image clickable? I mean the background that changes on roll-over, or is it impossible? If it's impossible than I guess I can live with it (somewhat :)).
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think you can do it like that, I think that is the only way to make those links text links ... otherwise you'll have to go back to just plain rollover images, but then they won't be as SEO friendly ... I don't know if anyone else knows of a way, but I don't unfortunately ... maybe you should post it as a question in "website design" forum ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I will post that as a topic on "website design". Thanks for your help RT. You can check my site right now. THe menu links are a bit of a demo. You can give me some advices on how to make the links better.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top one doesn't have a black stripe up top yet ... and maybe you could preload the images for slow internet connections ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
The top one doesn't have a black stripe up top yet ... and maybe you could preload the images for slow internet connections ...

Okay
  • Majik_Imaje
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Point Hope Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

But is this in development? nothing works ? I do ike the colors but it appears you are either starting it all over because . nothing seems to be written in the big fields of pre-pasted text for layout ? I am confused at the request for a review. I would want to see a site that is working. not a template page still underconstruction.. nice job though.!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, Majik_Imaje. I guess that is the reason not many people give me the review but I just wanted to do it one thing at a time. The menu seems to be done to my liking but I don't know what you guys think. I posted a topic asking for help on Website Design but no body answered to it yet (to the latest post on it I mean). I don't know if the colors are still agreeable and don't make people blind because I have a hard time figuring out which color to use (for the text) that would make reading the content easy. I want my site to be eye appealing and have useful information on it as well.

The pre-pasted text is a Latin filler.

I also have to make a little request. Can someone convert the site from <TABLE>s to CSS? I'm not good enough with CSS to do that, although I'll give it a shot. That would be great if someone can do it for me.
  • Majik_Imaje
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Point Hope Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I do know that you can make the background clickablel if you are using Dreamweaver.. I know how to do that.. on any image or make any image turn into anothr image (roll over) Dreamweaver is fun to use and easy to get the hang of..
  • Kiwipulse
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kiwipulse
  • Loc: Montreal

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can tell you that you need to work on it more! It such a empty template to me. I dont like the dark blue color, I feel agressed and it give me a big headache. Maybe another template will do the job. But if you keep working on this template, you should then change the dark blue to a lighter color, or change yours texts to white. Hope it help :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Majik_Imaje wrote:
well I do know that you can make the background clickablel if you are using Dreamweaver.. I know how to do that.. on any image or make any image turn into anothr image (roll over) Dreamweaver is fun to use and easy to get the hang of..

I don't have Dreamweaver (I used up my 30 day trial already). Can you help me? It is in CSS on HEAD. You can view my source and see what I'm talking about.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was at my friends house and used their laptop which uses IE6 to view the internet. I checked my site on it and it was messed up. The top table was messed up and the navigation table was spread out. The status bar said that there was an error so I double clicked on it and found out that the error consisted of the 1st character which is a space (or the "<" for the <!DOCTYPE...). Can somebody help me out on fixing it?

(P.S. Can somebody convert my site into full CSS rather than my TABLES?)

(P.S.S. How about the menu background clicability?)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 42 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers