SITE REVIEW: Inovartis.com

• inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd greatly appreciate it if your guys could review our site, Inovartis.

We are specialized in Flash Video Loops.

Be mean if you have to, I will read all criticism carefully!

• peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The concept, content and presentation are awesome. However, the flash content came across as being choppy and the audio out of sync. Other than that, I was impressed.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

very impressive :!: :!: well done.

Initial thoughts, it's a bit top-heavy. I have a 4-meg pipe and your website kept stuttering. Could just be my BB having a bad day but worth noting.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your replies.
We are aware the sound isn't perfect, this is being worked on.

On most systems the website runs smoothly, but we are aware that someusers are having performance related issues, this is also being worked on!
  • auto1
  • Loc: Kent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice stie...I sometimes feel that flash heavy sites are a bit slow as you need to wait for each animation to complete before you can continue browsing, I think you have the right balance. Im not sure if this an issue or not but your site has bright white flashes between page loads...might be a potential problem for people with medical conditions. Perhaps dimming it down a bit.
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two words. Very. Choppy. The site is well done and looks great. Very well done, but a little over the top to fit through most people's pipe.
  • GULLIVER
  • GULLIVER
  • Loc: Armenia

Post 3+ Months Ago

toooo slow, you could make the homepage easier.

I liked the design, looking very pleasent to my eyes after so long waiting :)
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im a new web designer but my initial thought of the site was it was awesome !i didnt understand the concept at first but was able to go to f.a.q and easily figure out what it was about .Seem like you spent a lot of time on it,Awesome job.
  • free_dragon
  • free_dragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
very impressive :!: :!: well done.

Initial thoughts, it's a bit top-heavy. I have a 4-meg pipe and your website kept stuttering. Could just be my BB having a bad day but worth noting.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys for your replies, this is very nice feedback!

tarikdw1 -> there's about 2500 hours of hard work on this site!

To the others, we are aware the site can be heavy for slower computers, even sometimes on "normal" computers, we are working on making it easier.

Thanks a gain on your feedback!
  • sunansnowguy
  • sunansnowguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

It Looks awesome man i give it a thumbs up great contenut and idea
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your comment sun! :)
  • xalixo
  • xalixo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I guess like it is with every flash site, people without flash canot see your website :-) To tell you the truth, I even have flash installed on my website (but I guess not the latest version) and still it asks me to dowlnoad flash! You may want to consider those people that may not have or be using the latest version of Flash by making your site more encompassing.
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

it ran very smoothly on my machine, It was a nice good shopping experience.

tell me who your target audience is, Why did you choose to market your video as flash only video? instead of for instance regular royalty free video.

Also I had difficulty finding what format you sold your videos in.

I suppose you sell them in flv format, but anyone who know how to use an FLV format can most definetly make an FLV from a different format. This may be a mute point because I'm not familiar with codecs which have embeded alpha channel.

You could sell the flattend after effects file and this would perhaps extend your audience.

The alpha channel video is really nice. Flash 9 is around the corner, and that means that companies will start feeling comfortable use flash 8 only features such as alpha video.
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey krismeister, our target audience is made of webmasters looking to spice up their sites.

When you buy a video from us you get it in both flv and swf.

Of course, someone could do videos by himself, but, he would need to produce the source video and then encode it. We're also there for people who don't have enough time to go through the entire production process of flash videos.

I've noted your remark on after effects file.

Thanks for your comments :)
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

some of it was a bit choppy on my slightly slower connection, but i think it would run fine on a faster connection. (right now i am 11mbps and very low connection). i love your idea. there are many webmasters that have abilities with graphics and design, but know nothing or very little about flash. this will help them create the websites they want. you have a very large amount of videos which is a good thing. maybe make the videos a bit smaller so they will load faster, but that is about all i see that needs to be changed. good job.
  • marian
  • marian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't find it slow but I have 8 megs.
Very nice, except for the noise when you mouse over vertical nav bar - I found it irritating.
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

phrenic13, you've got our very essence, to provide webmasters with videos to easily and efficiently enhance their websites. As for size, we are constantly leaning towards lighter approaches so slower connections can still navigate easily.

marian, I know the sounds can be irritating, I personnally like them, but I know it's not the case with everyone.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice presentation. First problem I ran into: I could not scroll down to see the rest of the page! Running 1024x768, IE, Google and Alexa toolbars.
  • gio99
  • gio99

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looked at your site, I like the layout of the site, personally for me I would like to have a more brighter color scheme, giving it a friendly field.

I was viewing your flash 8 video section, one thing that I found annoying was that when I selected a catagory and then a video to view it there was no back button to view all the videos in that catagory I had to select from the left menu and begin my search again. But I'm sure this is a work in progress like all other sites.

Over all its a great site, like all that animation.
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, there is an X in the upper right hand corner. Though it's not everyone that sees it.

Matthew, I happen to truly have the same setting as you and I'm seeing everything. The window isn't that big either, I'm surprises you would need to scroll down..
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did anyone experience speed related issues whilst browsing through the site ?
  • marsik
  • Student
  • Student
  • marsik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add more credential to your digital photography background in 'About Me'
  • marsik
  • Student
  • Student
  • marsik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, Flash is nice, but speed of my computer is low to listening your site.

Sorry, I have integrated Graphic Card
  • marsik
  • Student
  • Student
  • marsik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice Flash Work, Great

But to demanding for my Computer Hardware.

The Flame whas Very sugestiv, but you have other problem

People without flash canot see your website, make something with this
  • Angelina1978
  • Born
  • Born
  • Angelina1978

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Making Flash home page is not always a good idea.
You should also consider adding the HTML button as alternative.

You only get one chance to create a first impression, so make it count.

Best regards,
Angelina
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the long term, we might do something about this, since non flash users are kept out. BUT, since we sell flash products, one could expect our key visitors to already have flash!
  • AKS44
  • AKS44

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not a big fan of flash sites. But considering the medium, and the target audiance, I think it is a good fit.

I really like the layout, design, site structure, and some of the sub pages content such as the products library.

Loads really fast on a DS3.
  • inovartis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • inovartis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your review! It's always nice to see someone who isn't fond of flash sites could still enjoy ours!
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sweet Jesus, veeeeery nice. Its really crisp, and contemporary and the video of that guy really adds to the credibility of your site. All the intro animations and loading took less than a sec. on my mac and the sound was in sync. Extremely well done....If I need any flash loops for my future site designs, I'll be sure to get a hold of your site...:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 63 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers