SITE REVIEW: Insane Mastermind

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www12.brinkster.com/jackconnolly - review my new design. If you would like your link put on my links page, just give me a shout and i will do it!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe getting this back to the top will make people review it
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has descent colors. The 6 buttons at the top of the page fit in with your design but some are kind of hard to read, especially "my church" and "renegade". In the main part of your site (the right part) you have numerous sizes of text for the few paragraphs there. It might look better if you make them all the same size font so that it doesn't look like it was just thrown in there.

Also I am not sure if its my connection (I am on broadband), or your server, but the site loaded very slow at times.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brinkster always was a slow host :(
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brinkster is slow... thats why im trying to get to hostrocket, anyways, keep the comments commin'! and i think i fixed the font size problem in home and journal- as of the side...no control over that...and as for the navigation at the top, i changed the font, that should make the links easier to read....well if they show up, i edited them and uploaded it but for some reason the navigation font did not change.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

goin up^^
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "Matrix green" has become rather clich├ęd but I suppose that it works well enough to give your site the mood that you were presumably going for. The picture in the header doesn't really seem to match the rest of the site, though. Not only that, but the font is rather difficult to read and the image itself just doesn't "blend". The only comment that I have other than that is about the pictures on the Band page. The font on them is not really legible. It looks like you added the text and then resized the image, or something.
Well, awesome job for your first try, I wish you luck with your future sites!
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you on a mac? I noticed that if your on a mac, the pictures aren't exactly inline where they are supposed to be. But Since i realized that i dont like some things on this website, i am making a new one that is similar to this one. Ill post here when it gets online. But for now, KEEP the COMMENTS COMMIN on this website! it's so i know what to improve!
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I'm not on a Mac, I was just saying that the font is hard to read on the Band pictures. Speaking of other browsers, though, the chatterbox and scrolling marquees do not work with Opera and it just looks like a jumbled mess. This is certainly not your fault and I wouldn't sweat over it too much, I just thought that I'd point it out. I doubt that too many people use Opera as their main browser, anyway. :icontongue:
Oh, and it looks fine on Mozilla, which is good because many people use that!
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, i never even used or am planning to use opera or mozilla. Also i dont even know how to make it look good on those. I am also currently making a new website that wont be as nice, but i think i like it better.

//inserted from other post to this one by bigwebmaster
I am redoing my website, Please look at what I have so far and give me reviews:) http://www12.brinkster.com/jackconnolly
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. The colors are nice and the buttons are much easier to read. Good job.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please follow the "Website Reviews" rules:

Rule 4: Please make only one unique request. If you need further feedback post on your original.

Your seperate posts have been merged to this one.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your new design I am having a hard time reading your logo insane mastermind, the text doesn't seem to be that clear. I am able to read it after looking closely however. Plus, is that logo just a random design or what exactly is that? I am just curious. When I click on your links to goto your pages on your site it goes back to your old design. I am assuming you are still working on that.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

The text that you cant read, uhh well, it might be your computer or something, but if other people review my site and say the same thing, i will make the font bigger or use a differen't font. also your talking about the insane mastermind in the table on the main page,right? not on the other pages. And about the links, yes i am still working on them.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMadmin wrote:
The text that you cant read, uhh well, it might be your computer or something, but if other people review my site and say the same thing, i will make the font bigger or use a differen't font.

I am referring to the text in your logo, not the actual text on your website.
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

This new main page looks much better. I just like the new page overall compared to the original. The Matrix scrolling text at the top is cool. The page seems kinda dark, but that's ok. The page is very plain at the same time. I just want to say it's defintly an improvement and yes, I do repeat myself. :silly:
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you :wink:
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

All pages are now working on my website except for the "My church" page.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please tell me what are your dislikes/ likes and what should be changed http://www12.brinkster.com/jackconnolly
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really like the flash intro (but good job if it was your first!) and the "Skip Intro" link kind of blends in with the background. Just try to make it stick out a little more. I do like the main links and the hover effect that you used. However, I do not like the background that you used on the table. It just doesn't seem to match the rest of the site and it's slightly hard to read the text where the white lines are.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be nice if you set up a cookie that would check to see if the person already accessed the page, that way they don't have to click skip intro, they would just automatically goto the main page.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahaha, it's not flash!!! and anyways i will change the background once i update my website and how do i do that cookie thing? and how bout just the color of the background, that grayish color, how bout making the table backgrounds that color?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't reviewed it yet so here are a few of my things, sorry if they are repetitions of something people already said but:

Table background has got to go, the white lines clash with the text and make it hard to read. I also like the navigation bar at the bottom better then the image navigation at the top (hard to read). Other then that nice looking site.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, now I feel dumb. I just assumed that it was Flash and didn't bother to check. As my geometry teacher used to say "To assume is to make an ass out of U and ME."
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea but if your assuming, then your make an ass out of u and ming, poor ming, he was a good guy :(
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette wrote:
Lol, now I feel dumb. I just assumed that it was Flash and didn't bother to check. As my geometry teacher used to say "To assume is to make an ass out of U and ME."

Wow, I used to have a teacher say that to me too. I still remember his name too. Mr Williams. I believe that was in 7th grade about which is about 11 years ago :)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow i feel really young now
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel really old now :puppydogeyes: