SITE REVIEW: Intelligent Systems

• d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys,
here is another site which i would like you all to review.
i have to redesign this site, mostly with a good presentation on the home page and then a normal HTML site in the later pages.....

i want you all to tell me or rather suggest me, what type of changes are required and what all can be done in here. the client is fond of being unique and different. thats why the interface is this sort. its an IT company, but the interface doesnt represent that. the company is more then an IT company actually!

anyways, i would like your comments and suggestions. the site was made by my team some 6 months back, but we want to modify the site as we have different ideas in mind. just the thing is we are stuck as to, what changes are needed in the site other then the design. in terms of work flow.

the site is
http://www.intelligentsystems.biz

i would like any kind of comments, critics, suggestions .....
please write freely .....

thank you
Regards .....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i realise they want to be unique..thats fair enough..
websites can be unique.. but i still think they should have some kind of definate structure to it..

there was no order to my browsing experience.. i didnt know what i wanted to click.. what led to what.. that was slightly off-putting.

it seems that the design is 'fancy' and 'feathery' (thats the first word that came to my head..)

but when i actually click the buttons... what appears in front of me is just plain black text.. i think you could have blended the two styles a bit more subtley..

maybe incorporate some actual images within the text.. and base the flash elements around the text.. when you see flash these days you expect the whole site to encompass the design.. and as a designer i was a little disappointed that flash was only used along the borders and the static text just appears abruptly in the middle of the screen..

also rather then have so many pages for so many subjects.. it seems you could group a lot of similar content onto one page and separate it using bullet titles or something like that.. it would also make the site in general more compact and i would consider reading more of the content if it was together..

also that wavy font doesnt do it for me..

when you click back on the logo it takes you back to the intro.. its like you are going backwards.. maybe you should have the intro on a splash page and then load the main homepage as a structured page with the content.. so when i click the logo i actually feel im returning the main body of information..if that makes sense..

well im probably just babbling now so ill stop..
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a quick note before I head off to class soon. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.9 because I am lazy and haven't upgraded yet at work.

I will do that when I come back, but I noticed the rollovers for a lot of the text sometimes seem to get stuck and say in the 'Over' position, or they dont' even display the animation sometimes. It seems to be kind of random though.

I would like to say interesting design, although I too got a little confused as to what direction I should head in when navigating through your site.

The advice above seems well said.
  • d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys .....
the advices do help ..... n i do accept all what u have said,

i am also working on a new design for the site, lets see how i can re arrange the entire thing. the site, for me, seems too flat. thats what i want to get off from.

thanks for the critic ... keep it coming .....
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

d_attitude wrote:
Guys,
here is another site which i would like you all to review.
i have to redesign this site, mostly with a good presentation on the home page and then a normal HTML site in the later pages.....

i want you all to tell me or rather suggest me, what type of changes are required and what all can be done in here. the client is fond of being unique and different. thats why the interface is this sort. its an IT company, but the interface doesnt represent that. the company is more then an IT company actually!

anyways, i would like your comments and suggestions. the site was made by my team some 6 months back, but we want to modify the site as we have different ideas in mind. just the thing is we are stuck as to, what changes are needed in the site other then the design. in terms of work flow.

the site is
http://www.intelligentsystems.biz

i would like any kind of comments, critics, suggestions .....
please write freely .....

thank you
Regards .....

seem like the whole site if flash flash flash. the mainpage the, main center flash is very blur. i cant see it clearn on my laptop. mayb is brightness issue.

you can use flash, but not overuse it.
try convert some content to text/html, will give you site looks balance n solid instead.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest a new font set to be honest, the font is a nice font, but not going to be very good for the visualy impared. The top menu text could also do with being replaced, is small and aliased. For that sort of thing, and embedded pixel font is more reliable.

Staying with the menu system at the top, I managed to "lock open" the drop downs by moving my cursor over them quickly and off the top of the flash applet tricking flash into thinking my mouse was still hovering over them. That and the company, news & events menus overlap.

Finaly the background/overall layout. The background has an animated image which I personaly felt was a bit distracting and the actual layout could do with a revamp.

Only other thing I noticed was the movement between flash and static HTML pages, its almost like the creator has only just learnt to use flash an is experimenting with effects.

Personaly I feel the site could do with a fresh start, it doesnt appear professional enough for a company, especially one that deals in IT services. The site doesnt have to be perfect, but I believe there is a lot that could be imrpoved upon on that site.

Sorry to be so negative, I`m not normaly negative about sites, just thought this one required a bit of attention and some TLC from its creator.
  • d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright ..... so it seems that the current site needs a makeover FOR SURE ..... hehehe

thanks a lot guys .....

keep 'em coming ......

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers