SITE REVIEW: interec.net

• interec
  • interec

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

InterEC.NET is a website for engineers featuring a popular jobs database and salary survey. Latest addition to the website is a discussion forum for engineers.

The website is designed as a no frills, clean website that is easy to use. Please visit and review this website.

Thanks.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

It was real easy to navigate, and was pretty simple. I like how you simulated the tabs.

Not really a fan of the color scheme though.....
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, the color scheme could be better.
  • gruber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • gruber
  • Loc: Croatia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Navigation is good and simple, color scheme is realy not so good, and first "tab" left border line should be the same as the rest of the outside border
  • interec
  • interec

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. Can anyone suggest an alternative color scheme. I can take care of the back-end code, but no experience of design/color aspects. Can anyone please suggest an alternative color scheme.

CSS for my website are located at:

http://www.interec.net/ie.css
http://www.interec.net/mozilla.css

Thanks
  • vt220
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Played around a bit with your CSS, and think it would look good with a black <body> background, then a stronger blue (maybe #0052C1).

If you're going to play around with colours, here's a tip: I usually create a css class for each main colour, then add each element that would have the same colour to that class. That way you only have one place to change the colour when you want to play around with different combinations.

Oh, and if you're not using it already, when working with CSS I strongly recommend using FireFox w/ the Firebug extension... Among other things, it lets you make non-permanent changes to your CSS in your browser, so you can play around with it quickly and without breaking your original CSS!

vt
  • vincehudson
  • Born
  • Born
  • vincehudson

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should work on your grid for the site to help it flow a little better or if you like to spend some bucks to get te necessary makeover then consult a web design company for related improvements. Still personally I think you need to have a really sweet homepage to ignite the viewers interest in clicking through. I'm not trying to be negative... but you've got what I think is a good concept in name & tag... now just nail it with the design
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you wanna play around with color schemes, somebody referred somebody else to http://kuler.adobe.com a few days ago. This is a neat little tool.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers