SITE REVIEW: Internet greeting cards

• ipenev
  • ipenev

Post 3+ Months Ago

The link is http://www.cards9.com

Please share your thoughts.

Another thing I would like to ask is, if there is a native German, French, Greek or Spanish speaking person, please review the I18N version and write how it sounds as I think probably there are some parts that still need to be corrected.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Le logo et la couleur de la position nécessaire pour améliorer l'image.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ipenev,
I really like the amount of customizing features built into the site. I had a problem with the drawing function (in ff on osx) the colors never loaded if they were supposed to. If they aren't supposed to I think that would be a good option to add. The colors seem a little flat and the overall design seems very bright (not necessarily a complaint just an observation). Sorry I cant help with the languages.

Hope this helps.
  • bambosi
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

great website, but maybe you should include one big picture more than 300 pixels, so your website become very interactive
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if you randomize the pictures or how you decide what hits the thumbnail row on the front page, but in the first spot, I got a picture of a woman's breast/nipple stuck through a heart-shaped hole in wood. That's definitely not for the masses. You may want to consider marking images like that to ensure it reaches only an adult crowd, and only after age verification.
  • ipenev
  • ipenev

Post 3+ Months Ago

@CXLink, I never had a chance to try it on OSX, only Win platforms.

@UPSGuy: You are definitely right, I just removed it.

@bambosi: I didn't get your idea about the 300px image, can you elaborate a little bit.
  • Hiztoria
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hiztoria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey man,
A few thoughts:
-The home page is your chance to get people to use your website. So you have to use more than plain text to get their attention. Try some nice looking buttons, images, ext to grab peoples eyes.
-The banner at the top needs to be a little more professional. Try using shadows, and reflections.
- Use a lot more images, focus on the images on the home page. You can make an area showing the most popular, or the most sent. If people are going to use your website, they need to see more examples of images on the home page, and better instructions as to how the website works.

Cheers!
  • nikifi
  • Born
  • Born
  • nikifi

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a greeting website, I am pleased that it didnt have pop ups all over, lik ethe other ones. However, as a greeting card page I would suggest you make the home page a little more interactive with a larger graphic etc. I think people like to see that kind of a stuff, so they can feel exciting sending a greeting card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers