SITE REVIEW: Internet Security 101

• chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some feedback on my web site Internet Security 101 - http://www.internetsecurity101.com. Thanks so much in advance. :D

Chris H.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: divinemonkey.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it overall, but I think your header image could be a bit better, maybe try out some different fonts (try 1001fonts.com for some ideas) and try and blend it all a bit better.

Also there's too much space below the header before the menu bar. It's kinda wasted there so I'd get rid of it.

Other than that it's good.
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site. Informative and addresses the target audience (101) very well.

Many sites like this one tend to go over the top with colours, flash, etc.. You have managed to restrain this tendency well and your site gains by it.

The unacceptable aspect is the use of fixed layout, specially given that the site may be used in a reference mode. By that I mean that it is likely the user will open two windows at least one to your site and the other to try to follow instructions on their own PC. You must give the user or visitor the right to set out his windows the way that suits him or her. It is somehow arrogant in a way to not allow this as the technology is readily available to do so. Your site's topic although very important is one that has been covered again and again. I, automatically, in a case like this will search for another site with similar information that does not put this restriction on me. I think you may be amazed about how many people will do the same. It would be a pity to have a higher than needed bounce rate, simply because of what should be a fairly easy fix. (OK, maybe the first time it will require a bit of grey matter usage, but after that it should be simple).

I think you will help some people with your site. Good on you!)
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can reduce the size of the header section. It will sooth the visitor's eye.

If possible try to use static links or shorter dynamic urls. Avoid links which look like search results.

Can use a proper footer section. It would give your website a proper professional look.

You can use the left side for banners or for advertisements or some other links to balance both sides.

The website is loading fast. That is a good news.

If more content per page is used related to the site, then it would help in getting higher ranks in Search Engines.
  • helmi
  • Born
  • Born
  • helmi
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it's simple design

---
http://buku10000.com
  • hlx98007
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hlx98007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Logo is too big and I do not like it.
Instead of putting such a big LOGO you can use a smaller and lower LOGO, plus a good advert next to it.

I didn't check the content, I like the blog style.

The domain name is too long, this is a disadvantage.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers