SITE REVIEW: Intrepid Design 4.2

• intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, i love this place already! i just wanted to get some feed back on my site. please let me know what you think, honesty is appreciated.

http://www.danwulfing.com

UPDATED
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow!

Great I love it, I was annoyed right off the bat with the pop up, but got over it real fast!

The text on the main page is hard to read, to light of a grey. I watched Tenkamuhi and loved it, very nice job. Reunion is loading now. Hehe very good :-)

Ok back to the site.

Never mind I went to the animations and they were all very good.

I would really recommend figuring out better navigation for them, and not have it as a pop up :-? The popups are the only negative thing besides that text.

Good job!
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the imput! Ive been meaning to fix all that. i agree the pop up windows need to go. ill work on the color of the text to make it stand out more.

• w e r k
  • Loc: Houston, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

overall i think ur site is coming along nicely. other than what has already been posted, id say that ur illustration page needs a little work....
possibly have the sketch on the left change with the mouseover of the little boxes? that may also be a way to get rid of some of those pop ups
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im going to try to add a music track selection in the main menu, however i dont know the action script to do so, any one know it? W E R K W E R K W E R K W E R K
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's quite lovely! The only thing that bothered me besides the aforementioned popups was the music controls. It's really nifty that you can lower and higher the volume, but there is nothing to stop the music with a single click. I pretty much always have music on when surfing the web and it bothers me when sites that I am visiting have music that cannot be muted easily.

Awesome job, you certainly have talent! I was very much amazed by your illustrations and animations; I'm sure that they will get you somewhere! :)
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, thank you very much. All this input is great ill get right on the changes. Thanks.

• RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I may ask, what program(s) did you use to create tenkamuhi 2003?
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used Maya for the 3d, Photoshop and Illustrator for the textures, After Effects for compositing and effects, Sound Edit and DAT for sound, and Premiere for editing.
  • RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm...sounds hard.

I want to get into creating sweet 3d movies such as yours but I dont know where to start and it all looks so hard.
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

the thing about it is, when u know one program, any kind of program, its fairly easy to pick up any other one. there are lots of aspects to 3d but its more or less easy to pick up, if you really want to learn i suggest finding a college that has classes in it and just take them, thats really the only way. There are schools all over that have 3d programs, California has a lot im sure, SCAD where I went to had a fairly good one, I dont know if RISD has one or not, but its a good school, and there is one in downtown Chicago to im pretty sure.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, back on topic...

I love the site, well done with it, the graphics are pleasing but the mono tone for the interface looks very cool.

the animations need speeding up, they seem slow and laggy, i would suggest changing the fps to 24, anything above 24 is smooth. the tree in the background is a great touch, but could also do with speeding up to 24fps, if u do speed those up u will also have to make the animations a little longer or they will all go in quicktime.

overall the site is a great example of flash design, keep up the great work! 8)
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i have the frames per second at 24 or 25, but i think the web can only do 12 fps. the thing is on some computers the site runs nice and smooth, while on others the animation lags, i have no idea why but it drives me crazy, if there is ANYONE who knows why it is like this please tell me.
  • w e r k

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm i could be wrong but i think default is only 12 fps. you can jack it up, it just takes longer to load for smoother animation. someone may wanna check fo sho tho :wink:
  • The_Godfather
  • The_Godfather

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice!

The Flash is great, just reiterating what's laready being said but the popup does annoy everyone , i guess its neccessary tho...

Only other thing I had problems with was the buttons, they flash too much when u hover over its kinda distracting.

Other than that great site, fast and nice colour shceme and layout, it looks smooth and professional.

Well Done!
  • -LynX-
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • -LynX-
  • Loc: Liverpool , UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

2 words mate "You Own" i cannot complain cause its just perfect i love ur thumbnail sketches.
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, i appricate all the positive feed back. Im in the process of making the changes everyone suggested, and seeing what i can do about the pop ups, i know they're annoying, but i dont know of another way to view full screen images when my site is the size it is (and thats not changing) I fugured out the frames per second issue. seems like Macs sometimes have a hard time displaying Flash in high frame rates (did u hear that WERK) lol. Ill see what i can do about making it more Mac friendly
  • w e r k

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm thats strange, i havent had any issues with the animation being slow here. hows it look on ur girlfriend's computer?

the only thing i noticed are the navigation buttons within the illustration section. sometimes next button doesnt load up unless u mouseover or sometimes in different places. i just figured u were working on it tho
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really??? thats totally bizzar. how come you never told me that before? that is not suppost to happen at all! ill see what i can do, but that sounds like a total glitch.
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I have just finished revamping my site. It is now how i had always intended it to be. please check it out and let me know what you think. Some have said that the volume control dosnt work, but it seems to be working to me, maybe they were using an older version of flash. If anyone else encounters this problem, please let me know. Thanks!

• Miranda
  • Miranda
  • Loc: Wauconda, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow this is a really nice site, I haven't seen anything like this before, very innovative and well designed. I love the little animations, good job!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very very nice site.

I wanted to watch your animation vids but I wasn't able to turn off the sound on your site!!?? The mute button doesn't work on IE I can't even turn DOWN the volume. I don't know if it was only me or a new glitch that was found on your site?
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah this is driving me crazy! it seems to be happening on only a few computers. I've checked on PC and Mac versions of IE and it seems to work fine for me, but someone else recently told me that the volume wasnt working...but when he checked again it was. Strange, i should probably overhaul all the code and use something different, but hey! im glad you like the site! thanks for the kind words.
  • singh2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • singh2004

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site - well done congrats u will do very well
  • Miranda
  • Miranda

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: the volume worked fine for me when i went. everything seems to work great!
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

no i found there is a glitch, oops, i will try and fix it as soon as I can.
  • voycieh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Warsaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely proper directio... clean & simple... Maybe U shoult try to make another background for this site... maybe some stripes... The movement of leaves is not as natural as it can be...
The weight of this site is to high... I was whaiting and whaiting... I didnt lose this time because site is great, but many people will just go away...
  • Miranda
  • Miranda

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the leaves, I dont think they need to look 100% realistic I think it has a character of its own. I disagree with stripes as well. Maybe you can bring the time down a little at some places it is a little big but does not bother me too much! Great site!
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone. All of your input is valued and i take all of your suggestions seriously, we are all artists here after all. I haven't tested the site on a dino wire connection (56k). Its aimed more towards high end production houses like Pixar and ILM rather than the average consumer.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice, but I'm at work and am not allowed to install the plugins. Will you be able to make a more compatible site for people without the special plugins?

Looks nice on the outside though.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 41 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers