SITE REVIEW: ipinfo.info

• Martin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Martin
  • Loc: Berlin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

it´s easy to judge others, but hard to be objective about one´s own work. So here is my new site:

http://ipinfo.info/ and, subsequently
http://ipinfo.info/myipaddress/

I was wondering why google hasn´t indexed the /myipaddress/ page yet, even though it has been crawled, but I think I just might have to wait.

What do you think?

Martin
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it seems like a usefull site. Do you plan to have other tools or just this?
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

.. the stuff on the site is good .. :)
  • Martin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Martin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jeremy,

Thanks for for your comment! Yes, I will add much more to this site soon (similar to it´s german counterpart, which is more feature rich already). This german site http://meineipadresse.de/ was started 6 month ago and has received quite positive feedback so far. Now I´m raising the international version, which is targeting a much larger audience. It is difficult for me, however, to decide, whether to do an 1:1 translation or to develop a totally different appearance for my english audience.

By the way, I´m an IT professional but not a web designer, and this site is sort of an experiment for me. Just curious, whether it is possible for a non-professional to pick a topic with an established list of competitors with tons of backlinks, make the site look a little more aesthetical and well organized than theirs, bring in some qualified content, do some SEO without playing foul and. see what happens.

Martin
http://ipinfo.info/myipaddress/
http://geotek.de/
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

another what my ip is site, so dull, many of them, several hundreds of thousands of what is my ip..

*ah*

*sigh*
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
That's a different website. good work!
  • eslie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eslie

Post 3+ Months Ago

link this page with the one that gets crawled daily
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, but what are you trying to do?

Get reviews on the design? I mean, don't get me wrong the tools and tricks of the page are cool, but where is the design in there?

It's a table with cells that need some cellpadding, and colors that need to match...

Now, one more thing: If what you are trying to do is show the tools and you did them all on your own, then CONGRATULATIONS! But design-wise the page is a zero on the left side of the comma...
  • 7casas
  • 7casas

Post 3+ Months Ago

About the design I agree with abelius it is not something attractive, but who cares?

In your site you are not selling a product or a service, you are giving information, and the credibility of your information has no relation with the design.

if you want to improve your design i think at least you should have some colors that match. but keep your site simple
  • PyroCreep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hummmm!

Nice site…..Very interesting!
  • ajatwood
  • ajatwood
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Martain

1st hat's off to ya for making your site functional over design first.
Most all web designers go for design then functionality and get everything messed up. I should know i do it all the time.
And you are right it is easy to judge someone elses work but since you posted.... :twisted:

You have a useful site with some great information on it. A+ for effort listing and linking it all.

Here comes the but part.

Let's think user friendly here, You really have to understand what your website is about to find what your looking for. especaillly with all the neat toys on the site
You can literally click your self out of interest or just all together away from your web site

I would strongly suggest making your link pop-up as a separate page rather than forwarding to the link so you don't loose the page visitor.

In your middle cell with all the IP links , try to uniform it a bit (left margin)for text with bold font to better stand out and keep your hyperlinks links lined up as they are.

But overall I can say thanks for the great site I added you to my favs and will use the heck out of it

Good luck Aj
  • Martin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Martin

Post 3+ Months Ago

ajatwood,

I fully agree that useability should never be just an afterthought to design.

Just out of curiosity (and without being really convinced) I tried out your suggestion of left-justifying the central column yesterday and was quite surprised to find out that it does indeed look much better.

It´s amazing to realize that I wasn´t able to see this myself. Anyway, thanks a lot for all your suggestions and comments!

martin

ip-info.info
providersuche.org

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers