SITE REVIEW: IsMyWall

• Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

My goal has always been to provide the best for my clients. I am considering an update, which will raise the monthly costs considerably. My philosophy has always been to ensure the funds are there to survive for at least 1 year.

Which is the reason I have been creating a donation website. However, it doesn't appear to be working very effectively to attract donations. (Donations were higher before the website came online.) Could anyone try to help me figure out why?

http://www.ismywall.com/

Thanks...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ceuyan
  • Born
  • Born
  • ceuyan

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site does not look too appealing. especially with the table border style you have
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your feedback. To be honest, I was a bit rushed when I built the table, but now it's been all fixed up and looking much better.

Did you try out the actual donate page? Any opinions on that?
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you want donations from the people on web? Or it is just for your clients only?
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking kind of like http://www.linkexperiment.com/ which was started by another Ozzu user many months ago. The $15,406 earned by them would really help.

Fact is, my clients are seeking free hosting mainly because they can't afford or are unable to pay for paid hosting. Some of them have donated, but the majority can't be expected to.
  • mlocklear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mlocklear

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is humongous: nearly 100 KB! It took me several minutes to fully load the page.

Why is your navigation on the left so stretched out?

I think there are much better ways to display this content than with a table. Why don't you try an ordered list?

Overall, it looks kinda... bleh. It's very boring. Delete 4-100 since those numbers aren't being used. Try to spice up the design.

When I tried the donation process, I couldn't find a "submit" button anywhere. I selected one of the boxes (Improved Uptime) and entered a donation amount, but what does the visitor do after that? I don't see how people will know how to donate using your website. I feel like I'm missing something here, but if I'm missing it, I'm sure your visitors will miss it as well.

Don't forget to validate your website (HTML & CSS) to make sure it is viewable to everyone regardless of browser. I found quite a few errors when I ran the report.

Good luck!
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why is the navigation so spread out ... slightly unappealing.

I am curious what the goal of the site is ... is it to collect donations from anyone and everyone to provide your clients with free hosting?

If that is the case why not just set up one year terms paid up front, then you take care of it? Or tell them you'll take care of it and work it into the price and contract or whatever.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) Fixed the navigation.

2) Deleted 4-100.

3) To continue with the donation, all you need to do is change the description on your link information (but I'm not sure how to make this clear).

4) Validated the website. Now I've just got 'no attribute onMouseOver' and such...

5) The idea is - all those clients will look at the wall and see your name up there as one of the people who makes it possible for them to be hosted here.

6) Please explain "If that is the case why not just set up one year terms paid up front, then you take care of it? Or tell them you'll take care of it and work it into the price and contract or whatever."

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers