SITE REVIEW: ISolveSystems.com

• isolvesystems
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • isolvesystems
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am redesigning my web site to offer Informational services. I want the visitor to feel warm and browse happily. I am trying to use unconventional design method because I found that most IT sites today often overwhelm visitor with too much info.

Here is new one: http://www.isolvesystems.com/index111.htm

Thanks.
  • p0tter
  • p0tter
  • Loc: Chicago, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's very crisp and clean. The tone is accepting, and doesn't scare me away. I also like how simple everything is. Straight to the point and organized well. The backpages are also aligned neatly, and simple to use/understand and navigate.

you said "I want the visitor to feel warm and browse happily"

I think you did a good job of acomplishing that goal.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quite a nice design. Maybe you could use the

Code: [ Select ]
<div align="centre">

code and move it all into the middle, that would look better than having it all site to one side, especially when you view it on 1024 and higher screens.

there is a lot of wasted space, I agree with not overloading a page, however you can still tighten things up without it looking too crowded. Take your header for example, there is no reason why it cant be made thinner and bring the menu bar up a bit and get rid of some of that white space between the header and the Smile and be happy graphic.

I would also consider changing the layout to a 2 by 2 cell with one image and text in each. The way they are laid out now is too spread out.

I like the graphic at the bottom, it finishes the page nicely.

Your pages within the index look good, same thing as before, there is a lot of wasted space.

Otherwise I really like the colour scheme. Nice work :thumbsup:
  • Jo$h
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jo$h

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also agree that it is indeed very crisp and clean. I would also rate it as professional looking because it is.
  • ianl
  • ianl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the people before in that the site is not overloaded with anything. The layout is airy and very nice-looking, even on an XGA screen. The marketing stuff that you have looks nice, once everything loads, but it is not as clean as the homepage. However, the atmosphere is still very warm and inviting.
  • Involved
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New York City\Metro Area

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks good. Certainly appealing upon first arrival. Two points: (1) As attractive and colorful as the home page is, it looks almost TOO bright. Perhaps the white background does it and the fact that there is so much unused space (not that the space HAS to be used...less IS more, most of the time).

(2) There are no links on the [Home | About Us | Search | FAQ | Questions] at the top right of the page. You need to check on that.

Nice job! :D
  • jesselong
  • Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, nice open site. Refreshing. Maybe the pics are a bit XP - ish, but hey, it is friendly.

BTW, my first post. Does this site rock or WHAT!?!?!
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, I agree with the crisp and clean feel to it, and it really does look proffesional.

Gives me a few ideas that i need to work on.

Nice!
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not bad, but your life would be a lot easier if you would make the site database driven. Though it might make your life a little more complicated to learn how to do so. :)

Also, you can get rid of all of your font tags with just a little bit of CSS.

The site looks better than it did last time I checked in.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

A tip, remove your domain name from the links...

<a href="http://www.isolvesystems.com/services/Telephone_Phone/VOIP_IP_Telephony_Internet_Telephony_Service_Providers.htm">Service Provider</a>

Change that to..

<a href="
/services/Telephone_Phone/VOIP_IP_Telephony_Internet_Telephony_Service_Providers.htm">Service Provider</a>
  1. <a href="
  2. /services/Telephone_Phone/VOIP_IP_Telephony_Internet_Telephony_Service_Providers.htm">Service Provider</a>

It's not needed, and is just gonna make your pages bigger.

You might also be overdoing it a lil bit trying to get the keywords into your URL, but SEO-Guy might have a bit more insight on that. I do know that search engines will often put shorter descriptive URLs (one or two keywords, one key phrase) higher in the list than longer URLs when all other factors are even.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers