SITE REVIEW: iTrevino.com

• itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking for some feedback on the design and usability of my weblog, located at http://www.itrevino.com. And yes, I am aware that it is fairly bland at the moment in regards to imagery, but seeing as the last image I was using for the overall layout was almost 200k in size, I've placed developing a new background on hold until I can figure out something as effective but that will use less space (and of course, speed up overall load times on the site itself.)
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi itrevino! :)

i saw your website and run links as an average user would. Let me place out the points before you..

1. When i open your site i am practically confused about what to do next. what to click where to go? is the first question that comes into my mind. the first thing that appears before me is certain blogs in a tiny font. trust me even those blogs are hard to see!

2. secondly, there is scarcely any help (or even reference) provided to the user about how to use your site. and that is the basic thing i suggest you include in your website. how can i use your site when i have no idea how to?. please consider the truth that no user surfing the web has enough time (or well, patience..) to sit back and try to learn "how to use a site" for hours. users want quick usage.

3. there are certain things that i liked about your site. i liked the wallpaper images you included on your site :painting: . i downloaded some of them. i also like the sleek design and speed of your site. you wrote about a good background image or something but i liked it without one. anyway including a background won't be bad.

please increase the font size of your site. also (sorry if i missed it) there is no user registration link i saw on your site (or there isn't supposed to be any there.. :?: :!: :?: i don't know). please keep that link or button in an "eye-catching" position and color.

now, the bottom line is that your site is sleek and beautiful i must admit, but it really lacks user-friendliness. if that is mended i'll readily call your site an excellent one.

ciao!
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi a4asit - thanks for the quick pointers! I made the changes to usability that you pointed out. The font size has been changed (all around) to 12px, which should be easily viewable by everyone.

I have also written up a quick "introduction" and "how to" post that appears on the main page to help new visitors as well as give them a little information about myself and the website in general.

There is no user registration link as there really is no need to register for the website.

I've never been too good with user-friendliness in web design (I can admit it :) ) but I'm hoping that these minor changes to the whole really help the site on that level. I want people coming back!

Thanks again for the feedback!
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi itrevino!

the help you provided in a friendly language was very impressive!
also i forgot to mention this the last time that i liked the "horizontal scroll" feature you included. it's really different and unique as you mentioned in your help. it's also convenient (for me atleast.. don't know about others) because its like reading a newspaper.

best of luck.
bye!
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it would seem that not too many people are taking to the design very well so I am in the process of creating a new design. The current design will remain up while I work on the new one.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems to be no updation in the website it seems to be itrevino and also there are no contents i can find in the website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers