SITE REVIEW: Japanese Car Importing

• mattsterrr
  • Born
  • Born
  • mattsterrr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, I just completed my second ever website today.

I write content for websites and ended up doing the whole website for this. It's the first time I've ever actually used FTP to any end, and I'm sure the coding is complete pants, but the customer liked it. I'd like to take some constructive criticism forward with me onto my next project (should I ever misread a quote request again) so please criticise, but please be constructive. I am really quite proud of this as my HTML knowledge is from the back of a Corn Flakes packet.

I was asked for a very simple website with approx 20 articles on it and a brief introductory text.

http://www.japaneseimportcar.co.uk/

Thanks everyone. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congratulations on learning HTML :) It is a pretty simple-looking website (which isn't a bad thing; many websites are too crowded).

The colour scheme is ok... the lack of images makes it look quite plain..., but it's not the worst I've seen.

The biggest suggestion for future websites would be the navigation. On the main page, you have links on both the left and right sides. When you click on a link, those main links disappear. I would recommend some kind of persistent navigation, or make it more clear that the "japanese auctions website" link on the sub-pages is really a "back" link.
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice simple, fast site. I think the background stands out too prominently. I'd make it a shade lighter or grey it down a little bit.
  • Dustin
  • Loc: Renton, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean I like it. It does look a bit plain though. I Agree with the navigation comment. The side menus should pretty much be the same on every page, would make it easier for guests to get around. I have to admit though for your second design this is pretty good, much better than what I could do when I first started :P 8)
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl
  • Loc: calif

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job!
I personaly don't like that font for main navigation links. Verdana is cleaner looking.
I really like that your design is simple. Nothing drives me away from a website faster than clutter.
I don't like the color sceme. It just doesnt work together.

:)
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad for a first timer. I am sure you will be completely redoing this site in the near future but for now it is ok.

Your title is not centered the last word wraps to the left side. this would look better centered. And why the PERIOD? remove it it looks dumb.

I don't really like the blue links and small font. I think in your next go around you should build a better menu system for navigating around your site.

You menu when you get one should be available on all pages so you can get anywhere from everywhere.

Nice first time job, keep it up and let us review this when your re-do it.
  • s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d
  • s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d
  • Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congrats on finishing your site! HTML are easy once you get to know the certain code placements and cell boxes.

The first thing I noticed is the info scattered about on the page. I know you have organized in a way the the user can navigate by scrolling down and finding the appropriate answer to his/her question. I would like to suggest that the questions be appropriated to another page and having the information of the company on another linked page.

This will give you more ample room to display pictures given that your hosting company has given the amount of room to work with. Of course, i maybe jumping the gun here by saying put pictures in your site but it helps provide a litte more tangible source to what you are trying to convey.
  • himitsu
  • Born
  • Born
  • himitsu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website ! I love japanese cars ! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers