Voting Chart

Total votes : 9

How many hits a day do you think you need to make a chat room sucessful?

•  
  •  
  •  
    5000+

SITE REVIEW: Jemdam.com - Free Webmaster Tools

• Jemdam.com
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Over the past few months I have been developing a number of free web tools for webmasters. They are not designed to be the greatest and best in their class. The aim is powerful but really simple to use and set up. I have made a chat room, tell a friend, spam proof email and an entire mananged newsletter system.

I welcome comments etc and let me know what you think. This is the domain:

http://www.jemdam.com

Thanks,

David - http://www.jemdam.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site! My site is similar in that I offer web-related resources, but I offer things that everyday users can enjoy also, like tutorials!

The layout is fairly simple and easy to navigate. The left side breaks away from the rest of the site by about 1-2px. (FF 1280x1024). This only happens up the subpages though (chat, newsletter).

The code is fairly clean except YOU AREN'T USING CSS! I STRONGLY suggest you transition your site to CSS because you can change things on whim and customize your link colors and styles!

Overall a job well done! Now head on over to http://www.superiortraffic.com and get some US-Category Targeted Webmasters for less than $15! (for 5000)
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

he's right, css is a very good idea.
also, "spam free email" sounds like your offering email that is spam free. lol you may want to word that differently to something like "swat spam spiders" or something similar.
also, i'm using FireFox 1.0 and it appears that there's 2 small gaps b/w the image on the very top and bottom of the left side. is this intentional?
  • Jemdam.com
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I always test on Netscape and IE. When I used Netscape it also had a gap. I then reloaded the page and it went. I have seen this a few times with Netscape.

All my html is coded by hand. I started playing with it in 1991 long before editors existed. So in general it is very clean, all tables and not much else. The real guts of course is php.

If any one knows of a way to attract webmasters to my site then I would like to know your ideas. The previous but 1 post gave a link but the site is something different :(

Thanks,

David - ( http://www.jemdam.com )
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. Simple, but effective. I'm not sure I like the green, but I still may recommend the site out and probably use that counter.
  • davidaus
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • davidaus
  • Loc: Indo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me too ... I does not like the green background much. I think colors like sky blue would be better, coz your web shows soft nuance, and the green is too contrast
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah not too bad green is a weird green is stands out but maybe a bit too much otherwise it is nicely set out so yeah works well for what you are trying to do.

-sycofi5h
  • snicksnack
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the desgin. Very clean very professional. If you have to have advertisement on your site to finace it, I would recommend keep the banner and drop the rest about traffic swarm. Just my 2 cents.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers