SITE REVIEW: Jigsaw puzzles online

• lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt
  • Loc: Ciechocinek/Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Let me introduce my new website Jigsaw Puzzles.

Please review this site and tell what features should I add, what should I change, which kind of puzzle (photos) you like the best? Please also help me with English - it's not my translation, but it was translated not by native. Is there any sentences sounds bad or grammar mistakes?

It's new site (about 7 days) and I know there is many things to change...

Thanks in advance :-)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• heck0045
  • heck0045

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out the site and you probably will want to hire an English speaker to proof your text. There are quite a number of grammar mistakes ("how difficult is to compose the puzzle"). Also, the heavy use of Java to dissect the image and create the puzzle will be a turn off in today's fast paced world. You may also want to ask: why would anyone want to complete a puzzle on your website? You might need more incentive than simply to get on the highscore list. Hope this helps.
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I checked out the site and you probably will want to hire an English speaker to proof your text.

:-( My english is not good, so I hire translator. Bad translator...

Quote:
Also, the heavy use of Java to dissect the image and create the puzzle will be a turn off in today's fast paced world. You may also want to ask: why would anyone want to complete a puzzle on your website?

Ok, but this applet is high-playable - look at highscores at http://www.epuzzle.info/vegetable_stall. People spend hours playing the puzzles. Many people complete one picture many times - I don't know why - probably because of highscores... I've never seen so playable flash puzzles...

Quote:
You might need more incentive than simply to get on the highscore list.

I want have good photos/pictures - this can be strong side of website.

Quote:
Hope this helps.

• heck0045
  • heck0045

Post 3+ Months Ago

You make some good points -- I am often amazed at how sites that are horrible (read:myspace) become bastions of traffic. (I'm not saying your site is horrible!)

Get another English speaking person to take a long look at what you've written, and possibly redo the color scheme a bit -- loose the top banner and give people a logo they can remember. Give them reasons to come back. Highscores are probably not going to be enough in the long run, but you can always keep trying.

Good luck!
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, tanks. First I will work at logo and English translation.
  • kailyn_morgan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kailyn_morgan
  • Loc: london

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I saw your website and if you really require my sincere advice then I think ur site needs a complete moderation as per the design along with the content. From the first look at the site it doesnt seem to only look like a site whose theme is "fun". It looks lik a very informative kind of a site whereas in your site content should be less and the games and puzzles should be more.... :idea:

Hey if you want I have one friend who is a professional in this field and has made many good site. She does a lot of this work right from Website consultancy to site designing and also content writing. I know few of his customers whose site you can view and if you like it you can contact her even...

1. http://www.shakespearefinance.co.uk
2. http://www.mobilerainbow.co.uk

Her contact details are:
Alexis Distiny
alexis.distiny@gmail.com

and also u can visit her website: epurplemedia

I think she is the right person to deal with as she has been in this field for quite some time now and she will provide you with a good solution to your problem and also I am sure she can write the content for your site even and that too on a very nominal price.

If all goes well then you can contact her directly on her personal id(already given above). I am sure she will be glad to help you.

All the best for the furture.

Regards,
Kailyn Morgan

lookzovt wrote:
Hello

Let me introduce my new website Jigsaw Puzzles.

Please review this site and tell what features should I add, what should I change, which kind of puzzle (photos) you like the best? Please also help me with English - it's not my translation, but it was translated not by native. Is there any sentences sounds bad or grammar mistakes?

It's new site (about 7 days) and I know there is many things to change...

Thanks in advance :-)
  • matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Happy Place | UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I thought I was going to dig your site, when i submitted it crashed my laptop! Arrrrrgh!
Oh well..... got some other good feedback though.
  • dannyff
  • dannyff

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I like your site except from the google ad. It is too markable, I would probably try to change to colors of it. I think it doesn't fit to the page.
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I would probably try to change to colors of it. I think it doesn't fit to the page.

Thanks for the opinion. I think I will work on colors/design when I get 100 photos/puzzles. Now everyday I'm searching good photos...
  • lake
  • lake

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all I like it very much and I do mean it. I think you've concentred on the most important things first unlike many others. It looks quite nice. The color combinaction is unusual but fits very well which is great (don't change the google ad!). The photos you have are great (and great quality). I think that you've found the ones which are going to be popular straight away. The site is straight to the point. It takes one game to be a returning guy - that's most important.
I'd suggest you make a memorable logo. It could be readable but also unusual to make the layout more "fun". The problem with modern web techiques is that often the site looks too squared, sharp edges. You need something to suggest more fun.
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thenks very much. I'm going to change design of page (probably) next week.
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. You can check it now. I've changed design and colors.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers