SITE REVIEW: Jimmy's Entertainment World

• jlockleg
  • Born
  • Born
  • jlockleg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all,
Please visit http://www.jimmysentertainment.comand give me any advice or critcism you can offer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly ... 36 W3C Validation errors ... click here to see them ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example, if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), that way, users won't redirect to the page that they are already on, and they'll know which page they are on ...

On the "home" page you have that flash thing in the body ... all I see is it being completely white the whole time ... that doesn't make sense to me ... Also to disable the "Click to activate and use this control" thing in IE, follow this link ... Okay now that I've loaded the "home" page for the third time I can eventually see the video in the body ...

I'm not a great fan of the colour you are using, but that's just my personal opinion ... Especially the links that are just the standard blue colour ... I know google gets away with it, but I don't think it does your site any justice ...

Your coding looks a bit messy to me ... you're using 28 divs where only about 4 or 5 are necessary ...

I'm sorry to say ... but I don't like your site much, and probably won't revisit it ...
  • DPZero
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree, the colors you are using really hurt my eyes. The pink is just odd and when I see the black color on a website it just makes me think it's not finished yet.

Also, you seem to lack serious content, and that is a major drawback to your website. If you want to be successful you need to offer your users something interesting to chew on, and your website does not seem to do that.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

please please pleeeease change the color scheme :) Also some sophistication couldn't hurt - a calmer color combination, maybe some gradients instead of flat, plain color areas.... the spinning globe in the header is so jaggy - I'd up the resolution of that, save it in png maybe if it's a gif and that's giving it the jaggies... also why would it want to have a yellow outline? just calm it all down generally, is what I'd say..... and clean it up a bit
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I can't look at it for long enough to give a review. Change that color scheme!

Here, try playing around with this. It should help you come up with a more harmonious color palate.
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since many of the other posts have already properly addressed the look/feel of the site, I'd like to talk about something else.

Just this: I can't really tell what your site is all about when I arrive.

The only way I can figure it out is if I find your 10pt font description of what your site has to offer. Most people are way to lazy to find that. I strongly believe that you need to get some punched out bullet points or something that shows graphicly and very easily what your site has to offer and who it caters to.

Otherwise people are just not going to "get it" and are going to leave.
  • JuliaG
  • Born
  • Born
  • JuliaG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree that the pink on pink is not so easy on the eyes! Also the blip about the site is super small and doesn't really stand out against all the other action on the page. I like to know what the site is and why I should be there right away. Good luck!
  • npennington
  • npennington

Post 3+ Months Ago

UVBoy wrote:
Just this: I can't really tell what your site is all about when I arrive.

I definitely agree with UVBoy here, if I can't figure out in about 5 to 10 seconds what your site is about, I am just going to leave and go somewhere else. There are so many video and gaming sites out there you have to determine your niche very carefully.

I was a little confused by your statement

"...A world of entertainment for the whole family,"

I am not sure I would want my 7 year old to go to your site with the video you posted, maybe if she was 10 or 11 but content seem a bit inappropriate for the whole family.

Noel
http://atmuch.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers