SITE REVIEW: JobSurge

• _jfc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _jfc

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've spent a lot of time on this site (most programming), and it should work pretty well. Please actually join and/or post (its free....just ignore the PayPal) to get a real sense of the site. You all have some very impressive work here, and I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

JobSurge

The focus of the site is for teenagers especially in the south. Not sure if I am going to pursue this site, but I did put a lot of work into it. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. My only suggestion that I can think of at the moment is that possibly the font you've used for your logo and several other things isn't very professional. However, the site is put together quite well and everything seems to match (to me at least.) In my opinion, there's too much blank space near the bottom of the screen. I think you might be able to do something so that it fills the screen better regardless of resolution, so that in my (and a few others' cases, it won't be so small looking on the side.) I'm not a huge fan of the background.. it gets a little trippy if you look at it too long. The google ads are okay I guess but, in my opinion would be better where that huge blank space is at the bottom. You know, horizontally set up.

//EDIT: btw, your sig, the code is
Code: [ Select ]
[url]http://yousite.com[/url]
not the normal html.. it's bbcode.
  • lrcre8ive
  • Loc: MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really liked the overall look of your site, and that it appeals to your target audience!

You can tell you have put alot of time and creativity into it. I didn't go through every page, but the first link I did go to was broken (bummer)....
"Find A Job" on first page.

Good luck with your site....it looks great and hopefully gets alot of traffic for you!

Lisa

http://www.lisaromatz.com
  • goplanit

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's very nice in all aspects, the only thing that comes to mind is the logo doesn't stand out, but thats just a small thing in the overall scheme.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks very nice.
You've done a good job ;)
  • henryq
  • Born
  • Born
  • henryq

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color is a little pale. Also I use 1024 width screen, and it only occupied 2/3 of the screen. You should make the page automatically fit user's screen.
  • deaddevil
  • deaddevil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I fully agree with henryq.The page should fit perfectly else the little scroll bar at the bottom becomes a minus point in attracting visitors.You ought to clean it up.Lighten up ur site it'l look great!
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and colors of your site but it is aligned all to the left 2/3 of my broswer. Was that intentional? You may also want to bring your copyright up to 2005 (might be important) but overall, I like it, especially the volunteer work search.
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can see that you spent a lot of time on this page!

I can agree with two posts above:
1.) I don't like the back-ground either.
2.) The wide open spaces of empty-ness. You've got lot's of it left. Why not use it!?

I like the colours. It's ideal for the market you're targeting. Great idea & good luck!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

your logo needs changing. its not good. sorries!
the home page contents are too cramped up.

you need to touch up the design abit more to look more pro and get more biz!! :-)
  • angiek
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the concept is good, the colors are a good, the logo should be a stronger color.

On the layout I would make it so there is no need to scroll, also would look better on the screen. Maybe increase the width and lower the hight of the page.

On the bottom of the page I would align the elements so there is an equal space between them.

Otherwise a nice site! :P
  • ric

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Site has a lot of graphics button and font are beautiful but not proffessional for website.

u can change "user" "client" button design to make it more clear

2. CSS is not working properly and at the bottom a lot of empty space which makes site more scrollable. but scrolling less is better for site.

3. For a job search there should be a text box in home page. People may dislike to click on search button and get the search page
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with some of the tips mentioned above. But mainly, too much of your site is left-justified, and it isn't wide enough to accomodate "readers" well.

Have fun!
  • BillW
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with a previous post about the site being "too left justified".

I am viewing your site with a 15.4 inch laptop display with 1024x768 resolution (pretty standard) and the google ads are too close to the center of the screen. This is good if your main purpose is ad revenue.

You also might want to try some way of integrating those ads into your design. A friend of mine did this (sportequipment.com) and it looks pretty nice.
  • Sharandyr
  • Sharandyr
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really do like your design, yes perhaps there are a few nit-picks from previous postings that I could agree with.... but..now keep in mind this is only one (not so smart) oppinion - mine, but I get too much of a "groovy" feel from the site, I think the design doesn't entirely fit the purpose of the site. I think just a little more seriousness might help, I think it's mainly the graphical font that is giving me that vibe, and the background a little bit. But once again I say, I do really like the design...my 2 cents :wink:
  • _jfc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _jfc

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all the advice! I am working on centering the whole page and reworking the logo to stand out more. I really appreciate all the advice!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers