SITE REVIEW: Jolo's Ebooks

• joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need the graphics on my site but it tends to load slowly. Please can you check my site and tell me what you think.

http://www.jolo1.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
The site seems a bit plain and boring. Its very uninspiring and doesn't really make me want to stay on the site and find out more.

To improve the site:
- Align the site in the centre or stretch it to fit the whole page
- Add some colour - make the site a bit more exciting!
- Clean up the bottom of the page - either get rid of the ads or line them up - it currently looks a bit wishy-washy!
- Get a more professional looking logo

I hope this helps - I'm not trying to be horrible about your site but it could be improved.
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had a go at brightening up my homepage and tried to make it a bit more interesting. I've still got to do some more work on it and do something with the bottom of the page but I think its a bit of an improvement.
  • passionEparty
  • Born
  • Born
  • passionEparty
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I first visited your site, I enjoyed the appearance, it was bright and pleasant. As I scrolled down I seemed to lose interest.
How are you going to SEO your site, you do not have any keyword pointing and you need to express why your customers should buy from you and not the 1000's of other e book retailers.

Keep working on it, you will be just fine!

Cheers
  • jdrost
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jdrost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the top of the site, at the bottom the right column goes down to far, you may also need to check some spelling.

John.
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments they were really helpful. I've changed my homepage and I think it is a lot better now. Probably a bit more room for improvement but I'm working on it. Thanks again.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add more color. The layout is too white and a little boring to the eye.
The navigation menu to the left should be redesigned. It does not look very professional.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top banner is ugly. Also there is too much white, and the text on the right column is wayyyyyy too small. I can barely read it.

Lastly, just try to use some fonts somewhere, because the default font is pretty ugly
  • coldgansta
  • coldgansta

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it very cool goodluck
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think my site is finished, I just need someone to take a look please and leave some comments as to what they think of it now. I've tried to keep it colourful and interesting but not sure whether it loads too slowly. I'm willing to try anything to improve it, I just want it to be right. Thanks.
  • golfmonke
  • golfmonke

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

To be honest the site does not look very professional.

First, the layout is very slopping, things are overlapping.

I don't like the image at the top of the site, either get a new one, or just go with some small simple logo image.

Also, I notice that you use many differnt types of fonts and sizes on your site. Try to stick with 1 font type throughout.

I like the idea of the site though, i've purchased many ebooks so I am definitely a potential customer :)
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, thanks for the reply. Oddly enough I was not happy with the top image and have designed a small logo which looks a lot more professional. I am now working on how to fill the space to the right of the logo. I will also get to work on getting the fonts right. I'm not sure where things overlap but I am probably seeing a different view through my browser and also I have quite a small screen. Anyway thanks again for your help.
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site;

you need a banner,because it looks simple,your site layout and design is ok but i dont say the same thing

about the header,if you make a suitable header it will be very good for this site.and in addition to this in

the middle of the page there are tumbnails (small pictures) on this pictures you create borders,this

borders looks bad for me! would you change them? design is not very bad. you dont misunderstood me!

on the page all borders are negative points for me! you use pink on the boxes,i like it,good color,its

suitable.and i must say an important thing for this site, why dont you put a site search box. (i dont say the google search)

good luck; i like your stile, :)
  • teampmg
  • teampmg

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I liked:
I liked that you had a nice variety of subjects on the site to choose from.

What I think you can work on:
The pictures did seem to load kinda slow to me.
I was also wondering about your SEO strategy or whether you have one.
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know it's a long time since I last posted but I have once again re-designed my home page and really would appreciate your comments. It looks ok with my browser, can someone kindly have a look and tell me how they see it. Thanks.
  • HotShare.net
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • HotShare.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

add some colours...
  • lazyonlineincome
  • lazyonlineincome

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design looks good to me! Nice, Clean layout.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. why ur site is "left align".
2. Color combination is too good.
3. Your site is for "E-commerce" and it should be more attractive than rite now.
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your comments. Montyt: I was a bit confused when you asked why my site was "left align". Looking at it with my browser it looked perfectly ok but when I did a website design test using different browsers I could see what you meant. I've adjusted it since and hopefully it will look ok in all browsers. Refinements still needed though. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers