SITE REVIEW: joolar.com

• ella1985
  • ella1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

We startup a new site about buying and selling domains, scripts, websites selling and more.
You can find it here: http://joolar.com

I will be gratefully to know what do you find bothersome? What do you like?
Any criticism is accepted as we are looking to improve it from your reviews.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Feels a bit unfinished. Why does it say "you already purchused this product" at: joolar (dot) com/products/product-listings
When did I purchase 8 or so products? I just got here.

Also I met this when clicking a little:

Quote:
ERROR::You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' pay_by_name='', description='You have received $0 credits from for your produc' at line 1
insert into payment_transaction set pay_to=44, pay_by=, pay_by_name='', description='You have received $0 credits from for your product PhpMyLibrary', trans_date=NOW(), s_id='20', s_type='product_pay', p_type='Receive credit for product', pay_amt='0', ttype='incoming', thread_id='33'

ERROR::You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' pay_by=, pay_by_name='', description='You have paid $0 credits to BDesigner83 f' at line 1
insert into payment_transaction set pay_to=, pay_by=, pay_by_name='', description='You have paid $0 credits to BDesigner83 for product PhpMyLibrary', trans_date=NOW(), s_id='20', s_type='product_pay', p_type='Pay credit for product', pay_amt='0', ttype='outgoing', thread_id='33'

ERROR::You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' pay_by_name='', description='You have made $0 for product PhpMyLibrary', trans_' at line 1
insert into payment_transaction set pay_to='0', pay_by=, pay_by_name='', description='You have made $0 for product PhpMyLibrary', trans_date=NOW(), s_id='20', s_type='product_pay', p_type='Receive commission for product', pay_amt='0', ttype='incoming', thread_id='33'

Also when clicking one of the "made up" urls for sale:
joolar (dot) com/auctions/8/asdfasdf.html

The url is messed up:
Quote:
http://http://.....

The search thing in top right don't work. None of the bottom links (Home, Terms and Conditions, Site Rules, Privacy Policy, Feedback, Career) works. When I tried to register I got sent to some "siteurl/<@site_path@>register.php" thing, linking wrong.

The register form is messed up and doesn't check for "anything" except capatcha it seems?! Its a bunch of small things building up that makes the site feel so undone. I guess this is a early development phase? As for the design:

Looks good overall I like the colors, text is good looking I find the site easy to navigate. The domain joolar is a nice one! Bugs are easily produced, but the errors makes the site feel unprofessional and a site I wouldn't want to put private information on! Good luck with it.
  • ella1985
  • ella1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you soo much for such a impressive review i will surely make the required changes
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site says its been designed and developed by joolar that i am assuming is you. If you ask me the site seems like it was a templet that was purchesed. But if you can make it take off more power to you! Just saying no one likes false advertising
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here, I'll make a review.

Nice colors, good use of images and gradients and an effective layout you got there. Reading from your own reviews to other sites, I'm not surprised to find the site to be very organized and important information at my finger tips. I think the site has a real chance once you get some real content in there.

A few things I noticed though are:

1) When I click a listing it takes the site about 5 seconds to load the page (In most cases, always 5 seconds)... that is too much... especially when I load the same page over and over again. Evidently the browser cache doesn't help speed up the process. I opened up my Developer Tools that came with my Firefox4 :D and found out that it takes most of it's time loading http://www.joolar.com/auctions/10/themes/default/images/loadingAnimation.gif which doesn't seem to be existing, and a third of that time into google analytics. (There are also a few CSS errors that the browser didn't load because of some errors).

2) Upon registration, I see I get to register as a buyer or a seller. Just a question here... what if a seller registers to sell and then after selling wants to buy something?

3) The favicon only shows on the index page... is that by design?

4) In product listing, I think the way you got the listing in there is a bit clumsy... don't put those descriptions in there on mouseover... maybe on mouseclick, but not on mouseover. Why? Because, lets say I want to view "Webcam FREE PHP script" so I start moving my mouse down to it... and since it's at the bottom my mouse passes through the other ones opening their description. Once I get to "HTML & CSS: The Complete Reference, Fifth Edition" the description is too big and I have to move my mouse out of there to be able to see "Webcam FREE PHP Script".

Also, if I want to click on Ebooks to the right of "HTML & CSS: The Complete Reference, Fifth Edition" and go from the top, whenever "Single File PHP Gallery Version 3.6.0" collapses, my mouse is off course and now I have to move my mouse back up to click the Ebooks link. Not that it's hard, it's just inconvenient and disorienting. The same with every other menu you got that works like this.

5) When I go to the blog and click "Continue Reading..." the content on the next page is left aligned... that threw me off at the first time I saw that... thought I actually left the site. Something as small as that could be disorienting and frustrating. I would suggest by making it consistent with the rest of the site and centering the content column.

6) Back on the index page... the self-description in the blue seems like a run-on sentence... even though its a paragraph consisting of 2 sentences and one of those sentences has a list in it.

7) The gradient for the button titled "Buy domains" and "Sell domains" looks stretched... you can actually see the different colors that make up the gradient.

That's about it for the review... don't think I notice anything else... good job overall.
  • Arunijus
  • Born
  • Born
  • Arunijus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey.

It is really not bad page. I like that it is pretty easy understandable. But thera are a few small problems. I really do not like the picture in your front page. It is a little bit confusing. I think it should present the product or service that you give, but now it is not doing that. When i have looked at it firstly i couldn't understand what do you want to say with it.

And another small detail: the heading SEARCH SITE in the search box is not in the middle of it. Now it is a little bit above the middle line.

Good luck!

Arunijus
  • tomazws
  • tomazws

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, the initial impression is a well established company. Very professional looking.

Sell domain brings me to no where.

Might want to explain Buy Domain. It seems more like a bidding arena than straight out buying a domain right off the bat. Maybe you could have a graphical idiot proof step by step for people who are too lazy to find out for themselves...

Is blog necessary? It seems like a mix with personal website. This should straight out be a business website right?

Anyway, I really like your index page. Very well designed very colorful, your other pages are kinda blend.
  • ella1985
  • ella1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many thanks for such precious suggestions. We will try to fix all bugs and make new improvements.
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Being a 'techie', I'm distracted & want to leave because of the text -vs- the main image on the right. It looks good. But once you see the text - buying & selling domains - then associate that with the images beside it, I want to leave. I'm not sure what domains have to do with windows7 and microsoft office, but I don't believe anything. I haven't looked further, but that's the first thing I would do is change that image unless you are looking for naive visitors - then that's fine.

Tim

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers