SITE REVIEW: Juggle Chainsaws

• waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

jugglechainsaws.com is a site that I've created to record my attempt to play every NES game released in the United States in roughly chronological order.

I used gray, white, black, and red for the colors because those are the colors on the NES. I know it's not the most exciting thing in the world, but it fits the subject rather well.

I know the logo at the top needs work. Probably going to start from scratch for that.

I went with a magazine style layout because I wanted people to get a quick view of the latest posts. One thing I don't like about it is that I don't think it's obvious enough that if the visitor clicks the image or post title that they'll go t the real post. I'm looking to see if it's possible to continue using the WordPress excerpt feature and still have something like the Read More link.

I'd really love to hear any thoughts people have. Good things are great, but I'd love it even more if you let me know about things I can improve. Seriously, rip the thing apart.
  • pmp6nl
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pmp6nl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi waffles,

First I like the look of the site and the banner and logo look pretty good. Dont get too down on it if you dont think it looks perfect.

I think people can figure out to click on the image/etc. and find the links to the rest of the article. I think they are well linked and its easy to figure out.

Maybe you should include something that tells why you picked your url.. I was kinda wondering that.

If you are looking for ways to engage visitors allow them to rate games and have a widget of some sort compile the results and display them.. along with the user comments.

Just some ideas!
  • webb111
  • Born
  • Born
  • webb111

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I really like this website, awesome idea and look like its in full swing already, i dont suppose there is alot of website that have info on NEs games and when/if u do play/document them all this could be a real goldmine of info for the future.
the only thing i question is the name of the site in relation to what its about?

other than that it looks pretty professional everything is aligned nothing out of place. info is great

Thanks Josh
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

No real complaints here - everything seems to be where it should be, and is easy enough to navigate and enjoy. The idea itself is fairly awesome - I'll be checking back every now and then to see what new pile of game you've reviewed since my last visit.

Of course, looking at how the Wordpress theme Arras was originally boxed, I'd say you would have been better off sticking closer to that design - but for the most part, your minor modifications to that theme didn't make it unusable or anything, so no real need to worry about it.

Keep the reviews coming - I love old NES games!
  • AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your sites logo is a bit blurry and the text doesn't look much like that of the old Nintendo logo. The buttons for the RSS feed and facebook could be a bit bigger (they could easily be missed at first) and I would add a few more buttons for other social networking sites so you get more visitors. Your layout is good, but in the future I would try to add a slider to show the latest games you've played. That way the reader doesn't have to scroll for too long to see your list. It's alright overall.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all I don't like the website and also I could not find the concept of the website. As it is fully covered as black and the contents present in the website are not understandable even though it has been converted to English language.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers