SITE REVIEW: Julius Designs

• Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to get some feedback on how you feel when visiting this site. My goal is to make visitors stay longer and encourage them to use our services. Have I accomplished this?

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

[-] Blank page
[+] Pagerank 1
[-] No source

Or is it just my fox going crazy ?
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to dig a little to figure out what kind of desing work you do so I did stick around a few pages.
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, so the services link is not too easy to find? What can I do to make my visitors find what they are looking for fast and easily?
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site would be great if you were already talking to a client, and said visit my website. They know who you are. So in that respect I think your site is fine.

If you are marketing this site to a general audience though trying to gain new customers you have to grab them and haul them in. Even Macy's highlights the word SALE!

I had no clue when visiting your site, other than some sort of design company. Lot's of design companies specialize it lots of different things.
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks camp, looks like I got a bit of work to do then. Hauling these people in. Any one else have some input?
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia

Post 3+ Months Ago

h3h3. Now it loaded.

Have to say that it is very hard to read the headr text : "identity print don`t know what ..." You may change the font or its size.

I definately saw the slide photo effect somewhere else a couple of years ago.

It looks like a templatemonster template, and its okay. :)

cheers
  • Awakened-Soulja
  • Born
  • Born
  • Awakened-Soulja

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, i love the design/layout. Keep it up! I have no problems on this website.
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

So content was easy to find for you?
  • anon
  • Born
  • Born
  • anon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loading too slow.. but the design looks great
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

What type of connection are you on on?
  • tarun_ce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarun_ce
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

its nice and attractive. but i will say you to change the index page to static one instead of flash. because your site requirs alot of time to load.

:roll:

tarun
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Talking about connections and stuf ... You could try to make a intro page , where visitors select LOW bandwith and high bandwith based on what they like...

Or you could implement bandwithplace.com feature to test your visitors connection and redirect them automaticly for low or high version of the site.
  • worthyashes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • worthyashes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Liked the look of the site, but have to agree that the text at the top of the page is hard to read. It almost looks like it's not embeded properly. Fonts and flash is always a nightmare! Ignore this if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but I have always found the best way is to just embed the bits of the font you need into dynamic text areas. Especially now with flash 8 you can then set the aliasing to many more different settings, and that might help.

Positives - really like the transitions very smooth and cool. Colours and layouts are nice and not too fussy - it shows off the work well.

I have to say the music started to drive me a bit mad as the loop is so short it started to grate after a while. This wouldn't make me stay on the site - even though there is an off button perhaps something a bit longer or more ambient might be nicer.

Having said that most of these things are quite minor, the site as a whole looks good.

Tim
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

webia wrote:
Talking about connections and stuf ... You could try to make a intro page , where visitors select LOW bandwith and high bandwith based on what they like...

Or you could implement bandwithplace.com feature to test your visitors connection and redirect them automaticly for low or high version of the site.

Wow, thats a good idea. I was not aware of badwithplace.com but that feature sounds nice. Any one here still use dial-up?
  • worthyashes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • worthyashes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at swfObject. I think that's hat we used, or when you publish from flash select the detect flash player version. It then writes the script into the html page it generates.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Julius Designs wrote:
Thanks camp, looks like I got a bit of work to do then. Hauling these people in. Any one else have some input?

I have some input - you broke the rules.

Julius Designs wrote:
Looks pretty clean bro. Maybe a few images here and there to make things more interesting.

If you want good feedback you must provide it first for other posters. If you are seen to be making an effort in reviewing others websites you will get it in return.

• areisdesigns
  • areisdesigns
  • Loc: Denver, CO, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually think this site is very nicely done. I don't understand why people are having a hard time loading, especially if you at least have DSL or cable modem. I do not think that the design looks like a template, and the Flash is nicely done--it serves a purpose, and is funtional, not just for the sake of having flash. The images look very nice, and btw your designs are very nice as well.
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the font was not embeded. I just fixed it so it should look better now.

worthyashes wrote:
Hi,

Liked the look of the site, but have to agree that the text at the top of the page is hard to read. It almost looks like it's not embeded properly. Fonts and flash is always a nightmare! Ignore this if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but I have always found the best way is to just embed the bits of the font you need into dynamic text areas. Especially now with flash 8 you can then set the aliasing to many more different settings, and that might help.

Positives - really like the transitions very smooth and cool. Colours and layouts are nice and not too fussy - it shows off the work well.

I have to say the music started to drive me a bit mad as the loop is so short it started to grate after a while. This wouldn't make me stay on the site - even though there is an off button perhaps something a bit longer or more ambient might be nicer.

Having said that most of these things are quite minor, the site as a whole looks good.

Tim
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone on broadband have trouble with the loading time?
  • InfernoDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • InfernoDesign
  • Loc: West Hills, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loads fast for me and the site looks great. Love it. Was that built entirely in Flash? I am on a Cable Line
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

InfernoDesign wrote:
It loads fast for me and the site looks great. Love it. Was that built entirely in Flash? I am on a Cable Line

Indeed, it's pure Flash.
  • cocobrown
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually love the site. The flash is extraordinary and the content is pretty good. It looks very professional and I wish you lots of luck.
Best wishes,

http://www.psychiccocobrown.com
  • Praetor
  • Born
  • Born
  • Praetor
  • Loc: Fayetteville, NC USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, still use dial up. Reason: If my pages load quickly on dial up; then, they will load ultra fast on anything else.

I am not qualified to rate your flash pages as I do not use it at all. Will say this, your site is lovely from an artistic view.
  • beefykoala
  • beefykoala

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off it looks amazing and very professional.
1. I would make the top links of the type of design you do more visible and make them links to pages that tell a little more about that kind of design and maybe some examples or just link them to the services pages because i try to click on them and i expect something to happen.
2. Under the contact page I would add instructons of what type of message to write if you are interested in getting design work from you.
3. I like the testimonial on the from page but you might also want to add somethign like we do this type of work for this type of client type of thing to make it clearer what your offering and if its right for the visitor.
I think thats it good luck.
p.s. It didnt load slow on my computer
  • mae
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

*raises hand* I am! :)

I like your site actually, I envy people who could work wonders with flash because that's just not my thing ehehe

Like they said, you should offer some options for your audience, you'd want a lot of people to see your site so you'd be recommended to their friends right? :)
  • Julius Designs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW, thanks guys! For all of your ideas, comments, and input. I greatly appreciate it. I will work on implementing those things as soon as possible.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am on high speed dsl and the home page took 7 seconds or forever for a person on dialup. Flash intros I am totally against. flash ads, flash logos are great but used in respect.
You should always have your meta tags set:
title> description then keywords.
you have your keywords first then your description then your title.
  • charlie_lang
  • charlie_lang

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good, but I would never wait on this site to load if I were just surfing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers