SITE REVIEW: JunkDepot.com

• tjake
  • tjake
  • Loc: Stamford, CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Please take a look at our new site http://www.junkdepot.com it's a place to buy and sell all the junk you've been meaning to sell or throw out and find cool stuff. There is a google mashup to find items near you. All you listings are submitted to ither classified sites like google base. best of all its free.

I'm interested in knowing how you think i can attract more attract users, any missing features, or anything else you think.

Thanks

Jake
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just remember if you want more customers to see your website ... You would want to get higher up in the search enigines like Google especially ... I would suggest implementing some SEO strategies like text links instead of images links ... find more about that in one of the internet marketing forums OZZU has ...

Also check the 26 Validation errors the w3c found in your coding Click here

Then that blue box right underneath "What is Junkdepot?" ... What is it for, what does it say, Is that how to use your site or what? Maybe just give it a header or something ...

Also make sure that if a listing doesn't have a picture, that you give it one that say's something like "Junkdepot - No image available"
  • Cheap5.0
  • Student
  • Student
  • Cheap5.0

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, it seems pretty original! The layout is easy enough to use, and i didn't have too search the site to figure out what was going on.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I contact you or where do I learn about your business?
  • njabe567
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • njabe567

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its great so far, color scheme is great and blends well with the junk theme. Over all I like the site. If there was any room for improvement I would say its in the amount of content. You wat more content and yes for sure some more topics on the left side there. Fresh site, keep up the good work.
  • tjake
  • tjake
  • Loc: Stamford, CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, for the replies. I agree content is the main problem but we have been building a small community.

You can contact me by email jake@junkdepot.com
  • ihatevista
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the layout. The sign in page kind of reminds me of ebay, which is good in my opinion.

I cant really give any help on getting more people, as im strugelling with my site. It's good to see that your site ranks no1 in the google index.
  • firstholy
  • firstholy

Post 3+ Months Ago

very slick design

I like the roll over, the spacing is good and the design works well in all browsers
  • nuttaphong191
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nuttaphong191
  • Loc: Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think left side of your web should put some content
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) The colors are great

2) For every catagory that doesn't have a listing, put a big fat banner that says "Look for Soccer Balls on eBay", and put a link to eBay with an affiliate number. Go to cj.com and get an affiliate number if you dont have one.

This way, you are making money from things you dont have, as well as things you do have.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers