SITE REVIEW: Just started today

• paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://gualliance-pre-site-rally.ning.com/

Its really a pre-site rally point for people to get into the swing of these until I get my main site up! Since I am a newbie and I want my new site to have high tech features, I wouldnt mind a few tips!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skevi,
Nice color scheme. Orange, Black (or gray), and white is my favorite color set. On first few the site is really punchy. The background is really bold which isn't bad except it draws my attention and I am guessing that you want me to be concentrating on content more then the background, maybe try dropping the opacity of the orange by 50% or something. Also the header "GUAlliance" is really large and a bit overwhelming, might want to drop the font by 8. It should shrink up the header some and pull more content up above the fold.

Just some ideas. Hope they help.

What kind of high-tech features are you looking to add?

Also if you add the URL tags you can make your link clickable.
  • paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Urls! I wondered why it wasnt clickable... But I am not sure I can add that on ning.com I will try!

Thanks for the review, the site has been open a few hours now so I have a lot of work to do...

Well the main site will be made with dolphin by boonex. So I will have to check out the features once godaddy releases my domain.

There are things I wouldnt have a clue to create. Such as: I want people to sign not with the usernames but with a code sent to their email.

I want the front page to have a roating globe that is somewhat interactive... (not a must)
I will have a .info and a private .org so that only members will get to see the .org.. I need to find a way to redirect them..

The list goes on lol...
  • paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm If I did it right http://gualliance-pre-site-rally.ning.com/ should work!
  • paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yes I am a genius lol
  • wpgwiggum
  • wpgwiggum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I took a look at your site, and really like the background. I view websites on a 1680x1050 screen and it's nice to see websites that handle it well.

I was disappointed to not see any interaction when hovering over the main menu navigation. Also, the page layout for blogs switching seems a little odd when comparing with other pages. Not sure if it's a plugin or not, but sometimes it can be tricky to change.

I also agree with the previous poster, black, grey and orange look pretty sweet, and do seem to have a nice fit for a tech site.

Hopefully my comments are what you were looking for, if not just ignore me! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers