SITE REVIEW: kilrushcars.com

• Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just look at the homepage design for now. This my second car website and it has not been launched yet and the pic of the 2 Toyota cars are just a temp pic until I get hold of some good ones or maybe Flash animation but the compression of the JPEG's in my Flash makes the cars look soo poor (I need to learn more Flash?)

http://www.kilrushcars.com/
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I can tell I like this site a lot. I can't think about something wrong. You may check the size of the gray font in the car's list. May be you can make a point smaller, I don't know... you may want to try what happens.

The site looks good, the thigs are where they have to be.
  • webdesigns
  • webdesigns

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Very nice site. You kept it simple, yet it looks professional. I think black text might look better than the grey since you have so much white space everywhere.

-Smooth navigation
-Red, though it looks good. Create a tense mood for the visitor. Maybe a darker shade of red. Blue would be good on the page you list the cars if you can make it consistent with the rest of your site.
-You might want to make a, "Contact Form" that helps point your visitors into the direction you want. (I.E. certain information about cars or best way to be contacted etc..)

Good luck and keep up the good work!

-Jon Harrison
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

As mentioned above the site looks really professional - similar to a 'big corporation', y'know the ones that are so big they don't need fancy graphics and suchlike - it makes you feel confident in the company.

The only thing that struck me about the design was that the links under "latest cars" did not obviously look like links, due to the color and the lack of underline. I'm not really sure what to suggest about that because an underline is going to look much worse. Probably leave it - I'm just being picky!

Nice site, well done.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback.

I might try a icon next to each link (I wonder if I can use a style sheet to do this?!).

I was proud of the logo I did myself and is one of my better logos. The two cars in middle will have to go as I am working on a better one maybe in Flash before it goes live.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok just changed the center pic to make it look less bland!

(Just red icons next to links to make them look like links to do now (I wounder if I can nick the funny » Ozzu red arrows? » » » :evil: )
  • artbydesign
  • artbydesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you'd like, you can use the following image... might go good with the color scheme (don't worry about infringement... it's from an old site I made)

If you want to use it, grab it.... cause the site it's on is going offline shortly.... lol

.... Then again.... it might look like crap... lol... can't really tell without looking at it on the page.

Anyway... good luck w/ the site!

Art
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

To add the icons with css, you have to make the links into bulletpoints and then swap the bulletpoints with an image and the css for this is something like:

UL{
list-style-image:url(mybulletpoint.gif);
}

alternatively just placing an img tag inside the link. Just make sure that you explicitly turn off the border on the images - else you get that horrible blue thing!

hope that helps.
  • RoundHost
  • RoundHost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks very professional :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers