SITE REVIEW: KissMyBooBoo.net

• hervens
  • hervens
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I just launched my latest creation: http://www.kissMyBooBoo.net

It's basically a website that allows users to rant, and complain about anything they want.

My target audience is mostly depressed people, girls, a younger audience.

It took me around 2 months of hard labor to create this website, which I made myself, from scratch :)

If you have a second please help me out by creating a profile, and posting a complaint, unless you're life is perfect and you've got nothing to complain about.

Also, do you think this website has the possibility of bringing in $100 of revenue a month over time?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hervens
  • hervens

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone?
  • Gosan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Jupiter, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it! I'm sure there are a lot of EMOs out there that would love to write about all the bad things they have to deal with. Also, I find it interesting to read about bad things happening to people.....is that weird ? :P

I think it's a great idea, you just have to get the site's name out there.

As for the income, you need to have some advertisements for people to click on to make some $$. Maybe some Google ads or something.

GL with your site!
  • mylittlehouse
  • Born
  • Born
  • mylittlehouse

Post 3+ Months Ago

hervens wrote:
Hello, I just launched my latest creation: http://www.kissMyBooBoo.net

It's basically a website that allows users to rant, and complain about anything they want.

My target audience is mostly depressed people, girls, a younger audience.

It took me around 2 months of hard labor to create this website, which I made myself, from scratch :)

If you have a second please help me out by creating a profile, and posting a complaint, unless you're life is perfect and you've got nothing to complain about.

Also, do you think this website has the possibility of bringing in $100 of revenue a month over time?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

There are no pictures
  • danyald
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • danyald

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lack of images!
But its a great job and excellent idea
Good work
  • Gosan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Jupiter, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some things I've noticed...

- You need to give the commenters a way to delete their own post.
- Once you submit feedback to someones post you should be able to submit another post right after that. Instead the submit button is greyed out and you have to renavigate to the page. If you just try to reload the page again the feedback comment is posted again, giving you a double post.
  • DJ101710
  • Born
  • Born
  • DJ101710

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty cool idea lol. Very simple, but that's really no problem. Only thing i have against it are the colors, I personally don't think the logo colors go well with the purple, and purple isn't a very popular color for web sites either but it can be done.
  • Bkm
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bkm

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like how you made it all colorful and with the name it makes whoever is complaining sound childish i like it
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the logo looks cheap and childish. Try to use a bold smooth font then save as a png 16 to get crisp edges.

I like the purple but the logo font doesn't seem to match it.

Also i think the logo should line up with the body page line to the left.
  • newseur
  • Born
  • Born
  • newseur

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I think The idea is not bad, but bad that Langlais is the only language available on the site.
  • SusanMart

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are human man and you make great work. But you need to make some updates. I would have change logo and background. You need more professional ones.
  • hervens
  • hervens

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the great feedback on the website.
Ive been working on my seo a bit, and things are starting to pick up slowly by slowly.

Now as for the logo, I really can't think of an improved one.
I spent the past 3 hours on photoshop, just trying to come up with a decent idea for a logo, but nothing really seemed to do the job. I think ill probably just hire a company, or a designer to create one for me.

And Newseur, i know the website is only available in english now, as im mostly targetting a north american audience. Also, this website idea is very experimental for me, so i want to keep it in english only for now.
If things go pretty well, ill add a couple subdomains, specific to each region (ie. france.kissmybooboo.net )
  • Korvex
  • Born
  • Born
  • Korvex

Post 3+ Months Ago

A resource page would be cool - like the top 10 ways to make a person feel better - The top 10 best comments etc If you put it in a blog form on your site it could pop up on the search engines really high :)
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

newseur wrote:
Hello,

I think The idea is not bad, but bad that Langlais is the only language available on the site.

What is Langlais? Anyway only having English is okay but others would be nice perhaps a translate. On another note the font is a bit hard to read thin letters like l i etc are hard to read and my screen is an up-to-date one 1204x768 it may be better if the font size were larger. Last thing when it says under the post "by name" its not a link there is a bit that is a link but if it was (and by the colour it looks like a link) it would be easer to use.
  • Silvertongue62
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think the site is a good idea. I do think you could do a little more with the design as in appeal. One concern i have is that you make sure that posters actually have a complaint instead of spammers using your site to promote magic bug juice and such. The other thing is I think you have to determine if this is something you are just doing as a hobby or if you actually want a return from it. Because this concept is so cool I am sure you could sell adverts without alot of effort.

Other than that? I wish I thought of it!
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hervens wrote:
If things go pretty well, ill add a couple subdomains, specific to each region (ie. france.kissmybooboo.net )

you would be better from an ease of access standpoint to have kissmybooboo.fr
  • hollyky
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • hollyky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds good!thank you for sharing!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers