SITE REVIEW: klan LEEKIS

• puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
Well I thought it would be good to get some tips on my clan site, its on swedish though. :oops:

This site sint finsihed yet and I've got two alternatives to choose from.

1. Stop using the iframe and just use tables as most sites atm.
2. Continue to use the iframe and keep the site at it's current state.

the main things that are to be fixed on the site is the Intro movie that is not fully working yet(push the black square in the corer to se some of the intro). The other thing is that I want to make a connection with the menu to the place where it says "navigation" and it's going to become a flash movie that changes topic due to where you are at the site and rollover etc.

The site is atm at one my friends server and he cant have it on 24/7 so it might be down. I will have a backup going so you can check the site out anyway, the only difference is that it wont have any phpnews and other server requireing stuff :)

thats all I think :)

http://keso.shacknet.nu/leekis - working from time to time

http://home.no/pukka/leekis/index.html - Should always work
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi puKKa

You might want to add a link :D
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

gaah!

I ALWAYS forget that.. typical.. :oops:

http://keso.shacknet.nu/leekis - working from time to time

http://home.no/pukka/leekis/index.html - Should always work :)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooohhhh bubbles :) I sat and watched that for about three minutes :lol: I'm so easy to please.... Just out of curiousity - what is the little black square in the top left corner all about?
I felt it was a little strange that the intro was fun and frivolous, with light colors and cartoons, then the main site gives a feel of being serious and dark. They don't seem to tie in to me. I do like the flash header and the layout, and you have done well working with dark colors, I find it a pain in the ass.

In terms of answering your questions... I would loose the iframe. Firstly because I don't like them but more practically because it is unnessesary. The nav on the left is all plain text so you don't have to worry about load times there, and the flash should cache and not have to reload for each page. The site isn't that big so you don't have to worry about maintaining the links on every page, and if it gets larger you can use ssi.

Nice site - I have no idea what it is about but it looked nice :)

BTW I'm a little confused by the picture of you - from the "Född: 1987" i assume you are 16-17, so its an old picture, right? :?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

CounterStrike!!!!!!!!! Thats my Game!!!! LOL let me know where u play at, Ill skirmish with u! :lol:

Aight, down to business, same thoughts basically as rtm, I frame really shouldnt be necessary, (and yes, i dont like them either. used to but they look so newbish) Its a basic site, but its not bad, the flash in the background started to get a bit annoying, Try a flash header next time so i dont have to deal with green light moving back and forth behind my text when im trying to read. other that CS Rules!
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223: yeah, its an old picture of me and my friends from when we went to the same school, mine is from 1995 or so..

SharkShark: Hmm.. well, I mostly play PCWs and cups but also some public, I mostly play at Bhood, they have multiply servers and u have to register on the site to play. http://www.bhood.nu/ hope u can find a way to register even if its on swedish :)

I havnt used to much html before and it would be great if you got any good guides how to rebuild the site stable and fast, thanks.
  • miservices
  • miservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice graphic in the background. i would make the flash a little more high quality , seems a little low res to me. i like the design tho. its very original
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

how do you meen to get it into higher quality?
its on high already and everything is made in flash

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers