SITE REVIEW: KSoft homepage

• dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I put together a little homepage devoted to my webdesign. Its not much but as far as the content goes, enough for me. By the way it is in Croatian.
How does it look to you all? Any improvement suggestions or you like the way it is?

http://free-ka.htnet.hr/kruno/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think the design was good . i just donot like the header ..
  • sammi
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sammi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol... Im English, cant read the language sorry dude. Other then that, nice logo and the layout itself is brilliant (bit bright though).
  • dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

sammi wrote:
Lol... Im English, cant read the language sorry dude. Other then that, nice logo and the layout itself is brilliant (bit bright though).

I think bright or dark is the matter os personal taste so I'll take you review as a very nice kompliment.
Thanks!
For now I don't have the need to translate it, but anyway it is the usual crap about web design and related issues.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to look at your design in Gecko derivatives, such as Mozilla. There are some issues with overlapping text.

They grow worse when I adjust my browser's minimum font size to something readable.

Your HTML code is extremely well written; it is great that you use H1 when appropriate!

I am not sure if type="text/JavaScript" is appropriate. It is valid HTML, but that might not be a valid content-type unless it is in lower case. Then again, it might be; I am not sure and am just suggesting you check to see if capitalization of that is technically ok. Actually, I'm hoping that you'll come back and tell me, after you find out! :)

You have hyperlinks on the left menu that point to the current page. It would be much more informative to make them inactive and change their color, to indicate the user his current location. When clicked, these hyperlinks do nothing.

Why does your site open certain links in new windows? I want them to open in the current window. The site doesn't let me do this; instead it creates windows for which I did not ask.
  • dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:
You need to look at your design in Gecko derivatives, such as Mozilla. There are some issues with overlapping text.

They grow worse when I adjust my browser's minimum font size to something readable.

Your HTML code is extremely well written; it is great that you use H1 when appropriate!

I am not sure if type="text/JavaScript" is appropriate. It is valid HTML, but that might not be a valid content-type unless it is in lower case. Then again, it might be; I am not sure and am just suggesting you check to see if capitalization of that is technically ok. Actually, I'm hoping that you'll come back and tell me, after you find out! :)

You have hyperlinks on the left menu that point to the current page. It would be much more informative to make them inactive and change their color, to indicate the user his current location. When clicked, these hyperlinks do nothing.

Why does your site open certain links in new windows? I want them to open in the current window. The site doesn't let me do this; instead it creates windows for which I did not ask.

1.About the overlaping text - I would like to see a screenshot because I don't have Mozilla.

2.You are correct: type="text/javascript" is legit!

3.That is why I put a location indicator.

4.Only external links open in a new window.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Croatian: Evo, to mi je 7ma piva...
English: There we go, I am on my 7th beer...

Hey, awesome site! And as soon as you mentioned "Croatian" I knew there was something in there! CONGRATS, except for two little things:

1) Get an English version of the page!
2) You could put the links on the left side, under the Main Menu... I don't think they are so important to be up there, unless they pay you, which I doubt...

:) Greetings to you and Sanja! :) :) I Hvala na svemu!
  • 7casas
  • 7casas

Post 3+ Months Ago

download firefox the new mozilla browser, because you can see that the bookmark & pos.. links are not in their right position.

I personally don't like:

-the button with shadows.
-the inner shadow in the menu table.
-red color doesn't match with the rest of colors.
-what an animal picture is doing on web design site??? sorry bu the header is not appropriate for your site. maybe if it was a non governamental organization it would be accepted.

apart from that. good work and I am sure you can do better!
  • dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:

Mozzila issues fixed!!!!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the header doesn't match;

you should remove/shorten the adspace, or put the links on the left. a vertical navigation with only 5 things make your site look 'small'. why no ads other than the home page?
  • dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

neksus wrote:
the header doesn't match;

you should remove/shorten the adspace, or put the links on the left. a vertical navigation with only 5 things make your site look 'small'. why no ads other than the home page?

Thanks for your input.
Well, it is a small site :-) Frankly I did it for exercise. That text on the right is news and not ads - I'm lazy to update all my html pages so I put it on home only. My server doesn't support nor includes nor any type of server side scripting - it is a free space.
Yes, I know I could have done better but this is not that important to me to put in some more hours in it.
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site! Agree with the others. But I also don't like the header. Doesn't look too professional to me and also doesn't connect to webdesign ..(swan...)

But apart from that...everything's fine!
Greetings

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers