SITE REVIEW: kylm.com

• Kitu
  • Kitu
  • Loc: Estonia

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.kylm.com is a game development community, with programming tutorial, possibility to upload your games and much more. I would be very thankful for reviews and ideas, how to improve the site.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• FatBoi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is a nice site, alota information what is going on, good updates and warning, but you could improve the forum!! Rofl, i will be joining for site as FaBoi!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean design, I like the banner at the top (how it contrasts the greys). Site looks a bit too...templatey almost? Not quite sure...

Not sure how much you care about the SEO aspect of the site, but the format you're using (/?) is going to cause stop-breaks for all of your links, meaning that all indexed pages will either a) simply go to the home page so the search was irrelevant or b) not be indexed.

The word 'content' at the top should be a bit darker, it's hard to read. Overall though, it's a nice clean effective site.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean and professional. Great job. My only suggestion is to bring more gaming imagery into the site somehow. Its a very text-heavy site, any kind of images related to the material on the page would help bring more visual interest.

Great job, once again.

Mind sharing the development behind the counter?
  • Kitu
  • Kitu
  • Loc: Estonia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the great reviews!
I will get the word content darker, thank you for noticing that.
At first it was one of sites templates, but the templates system was removed as at the last server it caused lots of security bugs (for example sometimes you got logged in by other users profile) That template (design would be best word at the moment) has been updated since that, but you’re right.

And I guess, that next tutorials could consist of also images but text, but would things like replacing forum links with images (I mean "new thread", "quote" etc.) help?
And sorry for my stupidity at that aspect, but what do you mean under the "development behind the counter"?
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he wants the coding for:
You are visitor nr. 3390 in kylm.com since 11.10.2004 18:00.
At least I think that's what he means :shock:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site!! Like the logo as well :)

The content title bar is hard to read. White against a pale grey. Try to make the text a bit darker or the grey a bit darker

Try to stay away from underlining text unless it's going to be a hyperlink. It confuses the viewer

I'd rename "Index" to "Home" not everyone may understand what that means

Use bulleted lists in your "Register" section, it will make the lists stand out and look cleaner

Is registering & the forum more important on your site than say the programming tuts or the games. I think that "game of the week" should go right under "games" . "Articles" should be bumped up a bit IMO

In the stats page, are the graphical stat boxes supposed to be displaying that way? Right now I have the browser stats showing up aligned to left but the O/S stats align to right?

In the "about" section, I don't think you should put your site bugs as the first section. Ppl click on about to find out about the site not the problems with it.

"Memberlist" should be two words

Where are your closing </body> & </html> tags??
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kitu wrote:
http://www.kylm.com is a game development community, with programming tutorial, possibility to upload your games and much more. I would be very thankful for reviews and ideas, how to improve the site.

Your meta -TITLE tag contains only 4 words. The TITLE tag is the single most important meta tag on your web pages and should be between 5 and 10 words (64-80 characters). You should use a few of your primary KeyWords in your title tag. You must consider that the TITLE tag will be the first thing someone sees if you appear in a search result.
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your DESCRIPTION tag contains only 37 characters. The site's DESCRIPTION tag should be between 100 and 200 characters (10-20 words).

The HREF TITLE tag is missing. A missing HREF TITLE tag can result in lower overall rankings and therefore less hits to your web site. The HREF TITLE tag should be between 3 and 5 words (30-50 characters). You should use a few of your primary KeyWords in your HREF TITLE tag.

and you have no robot tags.The Robots Tag declares to search engines what content to index and spider.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was inquiring about the code used , yes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers