SITE REVIEW: KyStateUSBCYouth.org

• RonJr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RonJr
  • Loc: Louisville Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm currently working on a site for someone and I would like some comments and suggestions.

Here's a couple questions

1) Does the header and the rest of the page go good together?

2) I was thinking of only making 2 different layouts. The one here and another one for the other pages. What do you think would be the best way to layout the bottom half of the second one?

3) Does the colors look good?

Thank you in advance.
RonJr

[img=http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/743/usbcyouth6bw.jpg]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok.. no link.. cant give ya suggestions without it! oops. i see it. blind me.. lol. you should have added it to the thread though..
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

the navigation frame and the content frame colors dont go together very well. the frame border seems kinda big. i would suggest making it one page with iframes on the layout if you want to use frames. as far as the header goes. whats there to say? its a marquee. you need to add a title tag instead of just "page 1" . i dont think javascript is the way to go for your navigation. (might be dhtml) but i dont really care for the frames of the colors at all. maybe your just trying to hard? i found my best work is when i dont try at all. lol. you might want to use some kind of news management program if theres going to be updates added to it. I suggest fusionphp news 1.0 get it at this link:

http://www.fusionphp.org/

maybe your h1 tag where it says news should be right above the news? it would probably look better if you centered the images at the top also. put the sign guestbook link on the navigation along with the adobe image. free counters like that look unprofessional. maybe use a hidden counter? i dont understand why you would have a link to mapquest. but maybe you have your reasons.

not tellin ya to start over. but those are just a few (10 or 20) suggestions. thanks for posting your link and sharing your work.
  • RonJr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RonJr

Post 3+ Months Ago

No no no....lol Thats being replaced with the layout I have in my original post. I didn't do the site you seen...lol

EDIT: Ok I see what happened

Sorry for the big image but for some reason the other links wasn't working.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

That looks better. So you're not looking for reviews until it's finished?
  • RonJr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RonJr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for a review on the way it looks and laid out.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok...

The marquee for your title makes it so I have to wait to see it, and since our eyes are geared to be attracted to movement, it takes my focus away from the main text.

I am disappointed to find that I cannot effectively use the menu without flash, and they all point to the same file so I guess it doesn't matter anyways. But when you move to the new version if you r goign to have the menu buttons flash atleast make it display a description when you mouse over the options.

The logos at the top of the main page appear random strewn and need a bit of organization. Maybe centered or each to it's own side fo the page.

Your description coudl use soem work. I don't know what you mean "'Gender' does not apply", and I think maybe something a little more friendly and less legal would be better. Of course you can still incorporate that list into it if you need to.
  • RonJr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RonJr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I'm not getting anywhere....lmao

I was looking for a design review on my design not the guys web site. Does the colors look ok? Is there anything about I should work on before I slice it up and code it? What would you expect the other pages to look like?

Now with that last question I'm just looking for suggestions and I'm only talking about the lower half of the design. I've just been working on here for so long it seems like I just hit a road block or something.

KyStateUSBCYouth.org was just a title.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new design looks fine to me. What's going to go in the main blue areas?
  • RonJr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RonJr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Different tournament notices, just a lil bit of everything threw out the different pages. I just want to get other ppls opinion to see if maybe I needed to make some changes.....ty

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers