SITE REVIEW: Lake Michigan Real Estate

• twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

My website is http://www.lakemichigan-homes.com

Please be honest in your opinions. I can take bad criticism and turn it into something good.

How do you guys like the overall layout, the color scheme, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off the top left logo - is either way a few px too short and could use a 1px black line around it. 1px stroke in PS should do it.

The button menu the corners could use a wider corner, remake them with wider clean corners and they should turn out better. 20-30px should do it.

suggested anti spam, add CAPTCHA to the sign up form to prevent fake accounts.

Top body dynamic photos should have a thin border to it. half that blue border around the changing pictures.

Slide bar of houses around the middle - add a highlight to the icon when hovered apon to give the user a confirmation on what they are clicking on. Will help give positive direction on what they are clicking on.

other then that you have done a fair job on setting this up. Just work through a few small edits of making navigation better and you should be off and away.
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the tabbed approach. Design is clean but typeface seem a little mundane. You can use a crisp looking serif font for body text and a san serif with some character for headline. You have paid attention to SEO and have almost 3000 inbound links so a PR jump to 2 cannot be far behind. You are already 4th in Google in your primary keyword so good job there. If you are using a CMS like Joomla or Wordpress then you can pick a good template with combination of typefaces already made for you.
John
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 28 days ago

Hi! twalters84 just now I have visited your website it is really interesting and nice and also really sounds good. Especially the template selection for your website is really outstanding and gorgeous. Please keep on designing such more websites.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers